"Farscape" Chiana's pulse pistol derringer

nathanalaneller

Dose anyone have any close up screenshots of Chiana's pulse pistol / derringer?
Has anyone have any info on this prop, or is their a resin prop replica I can buy?
I like to make this prop & this is all I have.

chiana1.jpgchiana_derringer.jpg

That's actually the best reference I've seen. I tried to build one years ago from DVD caps, but you never get a really good view of it,

From all the research I have done the gun in that photo was never used on the show.. I think that was just used in that photo

The one she actually used in the show you can see here:
PDVD_082.jpgPDVD_098.jpgPDVD_083.jpg

I worked really hard to try to get the best pics possible of that gun to make a replica...here is what I came up with:
gun firing no flash.jpgfacing right.jpgfacing left final.jpg3 quarter view top.jpg

Hi guys
Well I did work in the props construction departmenton Farscape, but I didn’t have anything to do with the weapons.
They weremostly made from parts of toys available back then and multiples were all resin cast.
Wehad a very talented lady on the crew who specialized in casting, so it wasalways left up to her.
Sorry I could not be of more help,
I didn’t even get to keepany of the guns.
cheers
Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
I was lucky enough to catch Gigi when she came through Dallas today. Looking at the gun she was amazed at it's accuracy and the fact that it actually "worked" apparently the original prop just had a screw for a trigger. So much fun.. she is a wonderful woman and kept saying how much she would have so much rather been carring this gun then the one she had because it was better. By the time we parted she had taken more pictures of the gun then I did of her..LOL Great Day
Holding gun just her.jpggun signed autograph and date.jpg

gun signed autograph and date.jpg

Holding gun just her.jpg

I was lucky enough to catch Gigi when she came through Dallas today. Looking at the gun she was amazed at it's accuracy and the fact that it actually "worked" apparently the original prop just had a screw for a trigger. So much fun.. she is a wonderful woman and kept saying how much she would have so much rather been carring this gun then the one she had because it was better. By the time we parted she had taken more pictures of the gun then I did of her..LOL Great Day
View attachment 503062View attachment 503061

Way Cool. I bet that was a blast..

I agree with you FXArtist,
Gigi is just as nice a person on set as you found her in Dallas. She was liked by all the crew, unlike another actor on the show (no names)
Even the star Ben Drower was just one of the guys.
I remember him telling me over lunch one day how he was offered the detective roll in Charmed
but decided to come down to Australia to star in our little S.F. show instead

There were a couple variations of this gun. At some point the barrel broke off and no one bothered to replace it. The OP's pic is from Peacekeeper Wars so it looks like someone "cleaned up" the gun.

Peacekeeper Wars was made a couple of years after the season 4 rapped, at which time we thought that that was the end of the show so the gun may have disappeared then or just thrown in a box with other stuff and the barrel broke.
I think it was 12 weeks to build the sets originally and we had only a 4 week build with a smaller crew.
Not all of the crew returned to do Peacekeeper, and we were under a very short dead line to rebuild all the sets and stuff, as every set and many props had been destroyed at the end of season 4.
The barrel may be just one of a number of things that slipped by with all the presser on us then

The change just fit in well with Farscape weaponry. A lot of the pulse rifles looked to be modified by their owners to suit their owner's needs and preferences. This just made it look like Chi was following suit and tweaked her pistol to work like she wanted. :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back