Fallout vs. Skyrim: Which is better?

Fritzy525

Fallout or Skyrim? This question has been raised over and over again by Bethesda fans and still nobody quite knows which is better. What do you guys think? Which is better and why?

Skyrim for me. I spent so many hours just walking around exploring every corner of the map. I prefer the music and the lore too, and the gameplay feels more epic at times.

I have to believe it's mostly just due to personal taste and preference. I prefer fantasy settings to dystopias, so Skyrim beats Fallout in my assessment. I played both, but I played Skyrim far far more.

Elder Scrolls > Fallout. Period. I like the shooting mechanics for Fallout but gameplay and "story" elements are always dull. Same for the art direction; I can only take so much of gray, rust brown, dirt brown, and blood brown.

Elder Scrolls has its issues too but the immersion of the world-building is something to be admired. Jeremy Soule's music just elevate and entrance. Honestly, Skyrim's soundtrack is possibly one of the best soundtracks in the medium. Almost a decade later and a bunch of ports to everything short of your toaster, its soundtrack still gets loads of listens on Youtube.

If I'm going to be honest, I've only ever played one game in the Skyrim series. In my opinion, I like Fallout. When I did play Skyrim, I did really like the soundtrack, though. And Skyrim was the reason why I fell in love with playing Dungeons & Dragons in my spare time. I just feel bad for Fallout fans because of the direction things have been going in that universe. *cough* FALLOUT 76 *cough* *cough*.

Skyrim is definitely fun, but for the sheer number of playthroughs I've had, Fallout 4 wins hands down, I just started a new one this week. I don't think a month has gone by since release that I haven't played Fallout 4. It's one of the few times I've ever bought a video game soundtrack.

I have put many many hours into both, and I love both. But Fallout (4) wins for having a more varied story and missions. Skyrim's NPC characters mostly just sit in one place mostly are not affected by the plot. Very little in the Skyrim world is actually changed due to your actions.

Skyrim is definitely fun, but for the sheer number of playthroughs I've had, Fallout 4 wins hands down, I just started a new one this week. I don't think a month has gone by since release that I haven't played Fallout 4. It's one of the few times I've ever bought a video game soundtrack.
Fallout 4 is pretty good, but I prefer the older games in the series, like 3 and New Vegas. New Vegas I have not played in a while, though, and I'm hoping to buy a new game with all the DLCs

I like both, but the history and lore in Elder Scrolls is crazy in depth. I spend too much time reading and collecting those random books lol

I like both equally. I have to say that I've played the BoS ending on every play through of Fallout 4 and then a few months back I tried the Minuteman ending. I can see why some people said it sucked because that ending is boring.

do you prefer magic or tech?

I liked both games.

I enjoyed wiping out all the oppressive factions. Skyrim finishing moves are DA BOMB! But sniping someone's head off with The Last Minute was equally fun, three shots into a Whirlybird and it was bantha poo-too.

Fallout or Skyrim? This question has been raised over and over again by Bethesda fans and still nobody quite knows which is better. What do you guys think? Which is better and why?

Better in playability or which is the better genre?

It's been a while, but I don't recall Fallout feeling like I'm playing D&D.

I would say the Elder Scrolls. At least until Oblivion. Fallout 1 and 2 were great. I don't like the role playing way they went with either TES and Fallout. I like a great story like the Witcher or Deus Ex. Always got bored by the Bethesda stuff very fast.

Fallout 4 is pretty good, but I prefer the older games in the series, like 3 and New Vegas. New Vegas I have not played in a while, though, and I'm hoping to buy a new game with all the DLCs
As far as story, maybe, but for pure, unadulterated number of things to do, Fallout 4 is where it's at. I don't know that a month has gone by since the game came out that I haven't played it. I can't say that for any other game in any franchise, ever.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back