Fallout NV Veteran ranger cosplay build

Don't get me wrong, i loved it at that time, still do as it is my first ever prop build, i was 15 at that time, so this was like 8 or 7 years ago. Bit yeah, comparing it to this one doesn't do it.
Also do you have a topic for your build of the helmet so you can pm me as i would like to see some updates :)

Alrogut, here are some fresh photos. I added some few pieces which gives it alot of detail. Front filter and the left one didn't look right with printed pieces, so i decoded to scrap that and just add steel mesh, looks much better imo.
IMG_20200318_090936.jpg
IMG_20200318_091016.jpg
IMG_20200318_091046.jpg
IMG_20200318_091243.jpg
IMG_20200318_091051.jpg
IMG_20200318_091102.jpg

Alright, im kinda stuck on two things and need someones advice on it. First, any recommendation on covering the inside of the helmet with something, i've tried EVA but it's awful for it... Second one is strapping system for attaching it to my head, i'm bumping my head on a wall with this one and can't figure out how to do the strapping. Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.

What are you wanting the inside to do? Be durable, comfortable?
If there's only a little bit of room left inside it, you can line it with some sections of soft foam padding (I'm sorry, I can't remember the specific foam I'm thinking of, but a really light foam). If there's a lot left you could possibly create a frame out of EVA foam and then line it with the lighter foam.

Well i want it to cover all the fiber glass and bits of everything, there is alot of room inside of it also so it yeah it needs to fit my head without moving while wearing it.

Well i want it to cover all the fiber glass and bits of everything, there is alot of room inside of it also so it yeah it needs to fit my head without moving while wearing it.
Easiest thing to use is foam like this (Amazon.com: Foam Padding 1/2 Inch (sold by Continuous yard ): Arts, Crafts & Sewing) I used this for both Iron Man and Mandalorian
20200108_204543.jpg
20200220_224533.jpg

Another option I have used in the past with success is the inside strapping of a hard hat (https://www.amazon.com/MSA-Plastic-Nylon-Fas-Trac-Replacement/dp/B00OGR4OUK/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=MSA+Plastic/Nylon+Fas-Trac+III&qid=1584969656&sr=8-1).
I used this in my predator mask and Dark Helmet.
20191124_155144.jpg
20180926_194005-jpg.jpg

If you have fiberglass cloth/matted the inside. I would suggest doing a RONDO over it. (fiberglass mixed with bondo autobody filler. this creates a layer of strength and also covers all the nastiness of the cloth/matt. Then take a dremel and sand down the sharp pointy bits.
But what MoeSizzlac said is good for fitting as well. I used airsoft padding and upholstery foam for fitting.

IMG_20200324_174718.jpg
IMG_20200324_174532.jpg

So i kinda figured it out at came up with this, doesn't wiggle on the head and it's comfy to wear, since im not gona jump or do some extreme stuff with it i'd say its strong enough.

I tried taking a pictures as best as i could, basically looking from the inside you get this redish color, but it's perfectly clear
Edit: i can't find the link anymore, however if you just type one way mirror film you'll get a ton of results, but you might also try Amazon.
15854349773251059084486004511740.jpg

Last edited:
Actually it's just regular plexiglass bent with a heat gun and the red is a one way mirror film found on ebay

The following idea has been stolen. In the event of an actual emergency, local area Emergency Response team would have been activated. But they haven't been, I just bought some on amazon.

I started with some painting finally, I decide to go with a desert type brown color instead of a regular one i saw on most builds, so i guess this will look more like the desert ranger variant available in -game with NCR stencils on it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200401_113029.jpg
    IMG_20200401_113029.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 190
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back