Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger Finished! pg 8

how is the back of the helmet setup? I peped the helmet out of cardstock but cannot get my head to fit thru the slit. but it is the right size for my head. right now I cut it open and was thinking of using elastic or velcro.

sorry everyone, if the pictures are down then the bandwidth has been exceeded on my photobucket account, i don't think i can spare the cash for upgrading my account right now, so you may have to check back later when my bandwidth isnt exceeded.

Try skydrive. I love it. It is a great place to load your photos so you can share them. Works right off your computer so you don't have to load them yourself... just drop them in the right folder on your computer and it automatically uploads.

Re: Fallout New Vegas: NCR Veteran Ranger

Hey guys, im working on this outfit now that i plan to do for many years in the future for A-Kon in Dallas =)! finished the basics of the mask, helmet, now working on the vest and body still need to buy a duster, have a trench atm =/

Kommisar how EXACTLY did you shape the armor and which mat did you use, that is all I need to know (like did you use a heat press and they have two harbor freight mats for sale on the sight)

Hey man this is great, I was wondering if you had a list of all the materials you used to make this.
If you did that would be so awesome!

well to start, i work at a Biglots so most of the stuff i find there. i use a Memory foam 'mat' they come in rolls of 4x10+ feet rolls for only 10$ saddly they smell and need to air for a day or so+ the helmet side light is a garage door sencor laser box. if you have questons about certain things ill gladdly reply and help

this year no, i bought it from westernoutpost and for 65, its canvas, i bought material for the shawl and gauntlets , leather for the straps and canvas for the shawl. i have a thread now http://www.therpf.com/f24/fallout-new-vegas-ncr-veteran-ranger-costume-wip-197973/ on what my outfit is doing and ect

- - - Updated - - -

this year no, i bought it from westernoutpost and for 65, its canvas, i bought material for the shawl and gauntlets , leather for the straps and canvas for the shawl. i have a thread now http://www.therpf.com/f24/fallout-new-vegas-ncr-veteran-ranger-costume-wip-197973/ on what my outfit is doing and ect

This is amazing would love to have one but don't have the time or skill to make one. How much would it cost? Found someone offering £103 however doesn't show previous work so not so sure about it. He's offering helmet and armour

I'm trying to make the chest piece at the moment, and I'm to the point where I have the pieces cut from the foam. However, whenever I try to sand them with a rotary sander or a belt sander it takes off far too much. I know that Komissar said he used a belt sander, but is there some technique I can use to round it and sand them without ruining the pieces, because I've been doing the sanding by hand.

I'm trying to make the chest piece at the moment, and I'm to the point where I have the pieces cut from the foam. However, whenever I try to sand them with a rotary sander or a belt sander it takes off far too much. I know that Komissar said he used a belt sander, but is there some technique I can use to round it and sand them without ruining the pieces, because I've been doing the sanding by hand.

I'm working on the same! I personally used a dermal with a low grade sander attachment, this gave me took some time, but ultimately it gave me the results I was looking for.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I used a belt sander with fine sand paper belt. 220 grit I think. Most belt sanders are designed to remove a lot of material and therefore come with much rougher grits like 60 grit sandpaper. This will tear up the foam.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back