Fallout 4

Far harbor actually has a peaceful resolution too, i'll do that on a second playthru since i backed up the game before i started things. Tell you what not only is this island massive but the one soda factory you visit is huge too compared to most places in the game. Even the Corvega plant is a bit smaller. Oh and i was wrong, there is a new power armor or at least a new paint scheme and god is it tacky lol

I'm not playing it until Nexus mods fixes whatever is stopping the mods from loading since this update.

My game crashed after the update too, but after some testing and google searching it out it was only one mod that modified the HUD. (It was the DEF_UI-Mod in my case)

So maybe you check if your troubles are similar? Other than that the Nexus Mod Manager works fine for me with the latest versions! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not playing it until Nexus mods fixes whatever is stopping the mods from loading since this update.

My game crashed after the update too, but after some testing and google searching it out it was only one mod that modified the HUD. (It was the DEF_UI-Mod in my case)

So maybe you check if your troubles are similar? Other than that the Nexus Mod Manager works fine for me with the latest versions! :)

I still want a ps4 mod to let us pose our power armors when not in use and to give me a throne of human bones lol. The fallout team did it again: they give you a story that catches you and leave it open ended. On a side note make sure you get the "great hunt" optional quest to go after the red death. It's the funniest thing in the game.

Last edited:
Ah man, I am supremely disappointed the marine wetsuit isn't compatible with the ballistic weave amelioration. It's such a cool piece of clothing, why oh why not making it compatible ? Same goes for the brotherhood suits by the way. Mods for console can't come fast enough.

I haven't actually tried to run it yet. A friend was playing it and she said it wouldn't let her mods work. I'll have to check it out.

I'm 2 trophies away. What's odd is they don't have one for the best ending where there is peace on the island, you'd think that'd be one they'd want you to strive for and reward. Apparently there's a random broadcast on the island leading to a super enemy. I'm about done with the DLC for the most part. I'm sure i've missed side quests and secrets so i'll probably end up exploring more as they pop up. Rumor has it the next DLC is called Nuka World, sadly I don't think it's covered under my season pass. Oh word of advice if you love odd weapons: if you can spare the caps get the "Captain's Friend" harpoon gun, if you team that up with grim reaper sprint in vats you can sometimes get 4 or 5 refills of your vats from the perk.

Edit: I hate the community building setup on here. I spent and hour building a massive facility at the drive in for my armory only to have it tell me i couldn't add the last 4 pieces. Apparently the game not only has a height limit but a limit on the amount of stuff you can use at any one place. I got so fed up I scrapped it. Such a terrible idea if you're going to put a limit like this on it.

Last edited:
Same on console, just use the weapons drop trick. Drop heavy weapons on the floor and store them in the workshop through the building mode, it frees up space in no time and let you build to your heart's desire. Made a skyscraper out of concrete that way, but I took it down to a more modest post-apocalyptic roman villa, because I had no use of all that space and it did slow down loading times around that area. Plus with the limitation of 20 give or take settlers, no point in building a whole city for them.

I'll have to give it a try. I think i have more than enough room now but the limitation is stopping me from putting lights in lol

I'll have to give it a try. I think i have more than enough room now but the limitation is stopping me from putting lights in lol

Another thing I've noticed is that by dropping armor/weapon/clothes items at your settlement and scrapping them in build mode (as opposed to scrapping them at a weapon/armor station) will also lower your limit, similar to the weapon drop trick. I always do this to get all the basic components, as I've suspected that the auto scrap feature wastes components when using the component it needs.

I officially have a hording issue. Turns out that over half of the space taken up at the site was stuff i never broke down, i had 50 telephones alone lol. Also building out of concrete seems to take up less of the meter than using steel and wood. I got a 2 story facility, with fenced in windows for light, and it's just slightly over half of the build meter. Now I just have to do the armor stands. I wish they'd give us mannequins for outfits and gun racks. Right now all that stuff is stored in the workshop system. I want to add one more floor for a penthouse I think. The new window features in the concrete setup is really nice as you can spread them out for light, I kind of wish they had skylights though as I used a concrete and wire mesh floor for the 2nd story and it'd let light filter down.

Thought the exact same thing about the shelves and mannequin. Plus they did it for skyrim, so how hard would it be for this ? In the mean time I used those big store shelves and carefully laid out my unused weapons by hand. Up until I dropped a grenade accidentally and send everything flying, then started all over... I really think that both Fallout and Elder Scrolls are games that would be better played on PC, consoles are ok for a first vanilla play through, but for replay value PC is the way to go. I should buy a decent gaming PC one of these days.

I want the paint apps available across armors (and including robots), once acquired/unlocked. I want to do combat armor in hot rod flames. I want to do Ada in the hot rod pink scheme. I want to be able to build and assign sentry bots for particular settlements, decoed in the Minuteman scheme. I want to be able to do the Brotherhood scheme on one of my X-01 suits. And so on.

Also, to bring up my request from a page back:
Request for anyone who has this on PC: Would you be willing to extract the models/textures for the Far Harbor Marine armors and wetsuit? Not something I can do on my xBone.

Even if not directly, if someone with prior experience in this vein could point me somewhere outside the RPF where people do this sort of thing (I've already checked the 405th), I'm still wanting this...

--Jonah

I agree, more customizing would be nice. I'm amazed there aren't more stuff taken out of the game on here. When the last ones hit you saw armor and pepakura files left and right. It's like folks don't like the game enough, i haven't even seen any Doom builds. Well I officially beat fallout 4, i have every trophy now. Kinda disappointed as I saw a bunch of stuff they could have added more trophies for. I'd love to see them put out more missions for you to do as Nick's partner, they could be done even without extra voice acting on the fairly cheap. I'm still working on my mega fortress but for some reason I'm having a hard time finding oil for armor stands, never had this issue before so now i have to wait for paint and mr handy fuel to respawn and just keep farming those spots. Also my base is solid concrete, how'd a brahmin get it? I teleported in since it's the only way in and sudden there was a cow running around my first floor, i had to take out 3 wall parts for it to leave. Originally i killed it but thanks bethesda for not letting us be able to get rid of skeletons, who i have under the floor of the base rattling, or bodies when they're in the way.
I don't see why the consoles can't handle anything a gaming PC can, we should have the console command option that PC folks have to get around issues. I spent 3 hours trying to get a trophy that's so badly broken it randomly unlocked during a firefight instead of an arena match. I think this game is going to be like the Shadowrun pc games where you're going to find a lot of fan made missions to keep the game going.

Have you scrounged all the Condensed Fog from Far Harbor? Apparently, the Fog there isn't normal/natural fog (i.e., water vapor), but stage fog (i.e., cracked mineral oil), as what you get by scrapping it is Steel and Oil.

I'm crossing my fingers for Nuka World. For content, for Achievements/Trophies, and for more actually-produced Nuka varieties (I want to use Nuka caps for the money for the Fallout Monopoly game, and so far I only have five of the seven I'd need -- Nuka-Cola, Cherry, Quantum, Quartz, and Victory).

There are definitely things I wish/hope Bethesda would recognize need to be added to F4 (and all duture releases)... I like settlements, but the eternal "settlement in danger" quest thing needs to fade out as settlement defense improves and you clear the baddies from the map in general. There are plenty of ways to generate XP besides infinitely respawning enemies and peripheral quests. It's hard to feel like I'm truly accomplishing something if, a week after I clear the Saugus Ironworks, I go back and it's crawling with Forged again. I also want to see the settlement boundaries be expandable, as your building capability grows and as the surrounding areas are pacified/cleared. Close settlements with nothing between -- like Sanctuary and the Red Rocket Truck Stop -- should have a buildable corridor connecting them. And I don't think it's too much to ask that, at higher levels, once you can build workstations, you should be able to build workbenches in many or most of the cleared dungeons to turn them into settlements, and not be reliant on someplace having a workbench already.

Getting back to armor briefly... I'd like to be able to, at variably higher levels, craft armor from scratch -- not necessarily power armor, but at least leather, metal, robot, trapper, raider, and such. And too much to ask to be able to loot power armor frames from dead baddies?

As far as people... I want more of the NPCs to be recruitable companions, like the Mechanist (god, wouldn't it be cool if you could persuade Kent Connolly to hero up, a la Travis, and don the Silver Shroud mantle, and have him and the Mechanist as companions?) and the Atom Cats. And more romance options, like Nick and Deacon and the Mechanist and Ada and so forth. I'm still miffed that we are still restricted to one traveling companion at a time. I want a full-on adventuring party, darn it! Might be particularly interesting to have, say, Cait, Piper, and Curie all along having successfully romanced all of them. :p They've progressed things, socially, by having same-sex coupling a thing in this game. Now let's see them do ethical polyamory.

So many awesome things in this game. So many missed (for now?) opportunities. I'd be fine with ongoing minor patches and additions and mods for the next year. *heh* Am I alone in thinking some of those additions/fixes would add to the replayability of the game...?

--Jonah

I finally noticed that they actually have an ad on a wall that mentions the change in the Nuka bottle to the new shape. I wish they'd just fix their broken system, getting anyone to fight in pit matches makes it nearly not worth bothering with. I'd love some new power armor, they could have had some deep sea military armor in this DLC but all they did was give us a single normal armor with a paint job and apparently it can't be applied to anything else. Everyone bashed New Vegas but overall it had more going for it, there's no incentive or even moral system in this game. You can be evil and nobody cares and they didn't even put in trophies for getting the best endings like in the other games, i had to play thru new vegas like 5 times.

Thought the exact same thing about the shelves and mannequin. Plus they did it for skyrim, so how hard would it be for this ? In the mean time I used those big store shelves and carefully laid out my unused weapons by hand. Up until I dropped a grenade accidentally and send everything flying, then started all over... I really think that both Fallout and Elder Scrolls are games that would be better played on PC, consoles are ok for a first vanilla play through, but for replay value PC is the way to go. I should buy a decent gaming PC one of these days.

Or you have stuff laid out and accidentally shout everything across the room like I may or may not have done last night... :lol

There are PC mods that make it easy to set items out on shelves and then it apparently keeps NPCs from knocking them over. It apparently gives you more control to position them too. So maybe those things will make it over to consoles with their mods are available. I don't know why Bethesda put all the buildable shelves in there when there's no way to put anything on them in the vanilla game!

No NPCs can even get into my base, except that damned random cow. I have dog meat living in there too. That's what i hate about the little model kits of the robots you get, they never stay upright even when nobody is around.

No NPCs can even get into my base, except that damned random cow. I have dog meat living in there too. That's what i hate about the little model kits of the robots you get, they never stay upright even when nobody is around.

I took some video of the final shootout in the Institute where a brahmin and one of my provisioners walked through. I don't know how or why, but it was really bizarre.

I would be okay if they'd let us move the stupid corpses and skeletons. That's how my trophy for having an arena fight happened. A robot showed up and suddenly everyone was fighting, before that i had the glitch where no matter what you do nobody would fight. They'd just stand there on their platforms and wave. Honestly wasteland workshop is really really broken.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back