Fallout 4

I agree. Brian Fargo and the guys at Interplay never meant for it to be realistic, it was always meant to be a world based on 1950s scifi movies where radiation created giant bugs and mutants while the world invented foods that could last forever.

I completely forgot to answer the thing about Cait and the bar guy in Megaton last post. In Fallout 2, if I remember correctly, they had a working cargo ship. So that says there's the possibility of international travel to some degree. I just want to know how bad the UK is for it to seem like a better idea to come to the U.S.! England, Ireland, and Scotland are smaller so there's potentially less supplies and materials. That's the only thing I can think of.

Even if the UK survived remotely okay you'd have raiding parties coming across the channel from France and Germany. I'd really like to see a Fallout game set in europe, the US had troops in China when the bombs fell so i'm assuming they may have survived. I'm starting to get the feeling that Vault-tec had more of a heads up of the bombs falling than just the few minutes warning everyone claims when the west coast went silent. There were plans in the Interplay Fallout 3 for space stations and there's rumors of a lunar colony as well.
In fallout 2 you have those scientologists who have that space shuttle they claim to built, i really think it was one the Enclave built when they started planning to evacuate earth in case of war.

Anyone play the new DLC yet? I finished all the achievements in the main game and am working on wasteland workshop next. I'm disappointed they didn't add an achievement for hardcore mode or the hidden ending where you bring peace to the surviving factions after taking out the institute. I was going to work on that one but not much point.

Yeah I'm right in the middle of Far Harbor and loving it. Nuclear storms are creepy on the commonwealth, but it's nothin compared to a nuclear storm, in the middle of the fog, on the island. Really really creepy. The story is good so far, no faction seem to be straight forward, I'm fairly certain they have hidden motives all around which really make me doubt all I do. And the enemies are really tough, nothing has been easy so far, despite being level 77, in fully upgraded X-01, and with enough fire power to bring down a whole city.
Thats still one of my issue though, some weapons are clearly underpowered, like the 50 cal and the minigun. I had trouble wiping out a big pack of ghouls with it when it should just shred through them and leaving nothing behind ! That and the power armor should protect you completely from damage until a piece is broken, then you should start taking damage. Hoping for a mod like that coming to the ps4 one day.

Yeah I just started it last night and am doing side quests right now to unlock various areas. I'm level 94 with the x01 and i had to repair it a few times. Those damned charred ghoals, it's like the island took a direct hit and gave them all flash burns. Funny thing is my folks have been to Bar Harbor on vacation at least once now lol. I wish there were some new power armors or something that only appear on the island. I went away from my previous choices and didn't tell the BOS about the island when it's an option so i'm not sure how that'll change things. There's a ton of side missions by the looks of the page so i've got days before i get to the main story, plus i need to get all the exclusive magazines and cook the exclusive recipes for the achievements. All the weapons are fairly under powered which has been an issue with the game from day one compared to the past games.
Apparently there's stuff in the main game i've missed like treasure maps in bottles and such that don't do much but add to stuff. The game still lacks some of the sad parts the older games have except for that lady who was trapped to work and whose story you never learn the ending of. Getting the achievements for the wasteland workshop stuff is going to be a pain as you have to make every kind of cage.

Last edited:
Request for anyone who has this on PC: Would you be willing to extract the models/textures for the Far Harbor Marine armors and wetsuit? Not something I can do on my xBone...

--Jonah

So, with Automatron I found one enemy wearing a suit of Tesla armor, but no pieces or frames since. Is this spawnable or was it only the one time?

There's a trophy for killing 30 sea creatures yet i've only seen maybe 10 so far in the area. It's always raiders or angry wolves. They really went lite on background lore for this area compared to most, i've only found 2 or 3 terminals so far. It's odd everyone was saying how hard it is to find the marine armor, i've got 1 complete set and 2 just missing helmets easily. My one issue is that they went a bit above just ranking up the enemy difficulty some of these guys are nothing more than bullet sponges even with heavy weapons.

Decided to log back onto the game for the first time since, well, a long time. Played 'Automatron' all the way through and for the first time since playing this "SHAUN!" game, I finally got an emotionally satisfying story out of the darn thing. The Mechanist plot was great, the robots were interesting characters and the peaceful resolution was just what I needed after that horrid "You must kill everyone" storyline. Might try doing Far Harbor next.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back