Fallout 4

I'm on the Wasteland Workshop Beta. It's fun setting traps for all sorts of creatures and pitting them against each other and people. A bunch of fun new stuff to build as well but outside the novelty factor it doesn't have too much to offer to the game play.

It's a solid game with a fun world, but once the main quest is done it's a sandbox without a lot of toys in it. I could really go for some DLC that brings a big bully in to the scene that needs overcoming.

I need to go back in and finish the robot dlc. Then it's time to start over and get the evil and other trophies I need until hardcore mode hits. Is it me or do very few people in the game have New England/Boston accents? Nobody says "rum" instead of room lol

Do a semi restart.... Dump all your armor, weapons, items. money.... and have a simple knife, one of the easy crappy guns, 10 ammo, simple rags and walk out from your settlement and start a new life.

Even though I still like playing the game, I'm so overpowered it's gotten a little boring.
I still die occasionally... usually when I let a laser turret get the jump on me. Even in a power armor they still make short work of me.

Thinking about starting over, but unless I come up with a plan on how to do it I feel like it'll be boring.

Finally beat the Mechanist dlc and the ending was a bit lackluster, the very first mission she gave me was the same one that the robot gave me when I recruited her to find one of the beacons. Same enemies and everything. On a side note I now have enough ammo stored up to take down a tank lol.

So... When you create your character at the beginning, and choose your name... All my girlfriend and I have gotten from Codsworth is "Sir" or "Mum", but just now when she created a new character, she went with "Olivia" and Codsworth then called her "Miss Olivia". Anyone run into this with other names? Apparently some are included in the games files...

--Jonah

I need to go back in and finish the robot dlc. Then it's time to start over and get the evil and other trophies I need until hardcore mode hits. Is it me or do very few people in the game have New England/Boston accents? Nobody says "rum" instead of room lol
Don't forget the nuclear "Summer" they are experiencing.

Well it seems like the East coast really didn't get hit hard compared to out west where all the military stuff was so after a few hundred years the worst is probably over. That or someone forgot to put the "dark and brooding" filter in the game lol. I saw an ad for a Teen Titans phone game that has a vault 101 door in it, i thought that was an interesting thing to put in a game for 9 year olds lol. Remember how the baby was supposed to have a ton of random names? No matter what he's Shawn.

I don't really think that they are going with full realism as to where the bombs hit. In Fallout 3 there wouldn't be ANY buildings left after what D.C. would really be hit with. Yeah in Hiroshima and Nagasaki there were building here and there, but that was one bomb. They would hit D.C. with a lot more.

And don't forget the idea behind F4 was to show the world is progressing and growing again, greengrayish colors and complete desctruction in F3 style wouldn't have matched that idea. At least for me the world seems to fit this optimistic approach. I hope the next DLC Far Harbor will give us some really hopeless content though...

To be honest guys, I get a laugh out of the observations some of you guys make.

Nothing is realistic in this game. A rotten tree will not last two hundred years, let alone still be standing. None of the buildings would still be standing. There would be little to no resources for you to scavenge, as others would have scavenged it all a long time ago. People would not have foreign accents, like Cait. Hard for people to travel to another country when the planes and boats stopped running, and the accents aren't programmed into someone's DNA. Since we aren't in Ireland, not exactly sure how Cait would have developed the accent, she would likely talk like everybody else as she was born here, and has been immersed in American language.

The roads would have been destroyed long ago from growing overgrowth. And overgrowth would be happening already, all the plants wouldn't just be extinct.

It goes on and on. I could list things all day.

Now, consider this. Look at all the silly ass crap in New Vegas. Nobody blinks an eye at the fact that the Courier is nuking every damn thing in sight. Traveling in Lonesome Road, you blow nuke warheads up, like it's a past time. But everything is okay??? No biggie, just detonated a nuclear war head, now I'm gonna sit here and eat some Fancy Lad cakes.

Yet, I've heard people claim New Vegas was much "more realistic". New Vegas I say! The game with the robots at Big Mountain that can remove your brain without killing you. New Vegas, the game where the main enemies are wearing FANCY LEATHER FLAPS, yet when I shoot them it show they have an armor rating.

Yeah...........very realistic.

I mean, let's face it. It's never gonna be a seriously real game. It'll always carry with it the silly 50's sci fi themes with it, and those themes allow for some imaginative story telling. I personally would love to see a serious, realistic post apocalyptic type game, but Fallout isn't it.

I learn to live with, even enjoy, some of the stupid little things that you can riff on F4. It's when you start screwing up the lore that I get sour..................

I mean, Bethesda would never do something like that, right? ;)

To be honest guys, I get a laugh out of the observations some of you guys make.

Nothing is realistic in this game. A rotten tree will not last two hundred years, let alone still be standing. None of the buildings would still be standing. There would be little to no resources for you to scavenge, as others would have scavenged it all a long time ago. People would not have foreign accents, like Cait. Hard for people to travel to another country when the planes and boats stopped running, and the accents aren't programmed into someone's DNA. Since we aren't in Ireland, not exactly sure how Cait would have developed the accent, she would likely talk like everybody else as she was born here, and has been immersed in American language.

That's the stuff I have to keep telling myself to ignore because I keep thinking "There's no way this gun would be sitting here after 200 years!" You just have to think that no one else was skilled enough to get inside whatever place to retrieve item X. To make it worse, I've watched a bunch of those "Life After People" shows and there's no way most of the buildings and things would last. I'm guessing Bethesda would just say in the Fallout universe the have more advanced materials so buildings stand, power still works, etc. I still want to see a game where you find a company that made the food preservation tech that lets you eat 200 year old food! :lol

I have to point out again, that the east coast hasn't figured out the wheel. WTH is that about? In New Vegas the caravans at least used carts. Fallout 2 had a working car. On the east coast the technology level is apparently to just pile as much equipment onto a Brahmin as high as you can. When it tips over, take the last bit off and keep going. If you can power settlements, power armor, vertibirds, a huge freakin' blimp, etc. you should be able to power a car.

Yeah, imagine a 200 year old stimpak. Would you want to stick that in your arm? Thing will give you more diseases than it will cure! :lol

And yeah, cars seem to be their weakness. I mean, obviously we get why the cars don't work, gaming wise that is. But it is funny, vertibirds by the STACK, not a damn running car to be found.

Hell, what did they think we were fixin' up the Red Rocket for? We were hoping we'd be able to refuel there! ;)

Actually Cait, Tenpenny, and the Irish guy from Fallout 3 are all from the UK. It's mentioned in some stuff that they all came over looking for a better life since the us Wasteland is better than what's left of the UK.

Actually Cait, Tenpenny, and the Irish guy from Fallout 3 are all from the UK. It's mentioned in some stuff that they all came over looking for a better life since the us Wasteland is better than what's left of the UK.

Well, I never found where that was mentioned, neither in F4 or F3.

And according to the Wiki (yeah, I know it's not perfect, but it seems to be accurate enough so far), Cait was born in 2261, to a family of Irish decent. She was likely not born in Ireland, or the UK for that matter. I wouldn't imagine intercontinental travel happening if these guys can't get cars to work (though you did get an oil rig to work in F2, so anything is possible). I'd have to wager she was born in the US wasteland, and as such probably would talk like everybody else. If I were a betting man, that is.

But that's not the point. ;)

The point is that there's a lot that's not realistic. It's just the way of the video game. Hell, the very things we tend to complain about in regards to the realism and immersion will likely shape the way these types of games are made in the future (well, let's hope). Many have already complained that this was a GREAT FPS game, but a lousy RPG. And, I agree.

While I don't believe she'd have an accent, it makes things a little more interesting though. I like women with Irish accents. :D

Sailors managed to get boats to work for 4000 years before the invention of engines, just saying.

Very true.

I honestly wonder what a nuclear holocaust would do to the oceans, though. They're already pitching that you'll encounter significantly more rads in Far Harbor. Could actually make for good gaming. But if the Glowing Sea is any kind of an indicator, you'll likely want to avoid any oceanic travel.

Now, I'm not saying it's not possible to travel to another continent. Just seems unlikely. And it would seem more reasonable if someone managed to get some sort of aircraft to do such traveling in. I mean, vertibirds are working, right. Why not a commercial jet liner?

Very true.

I honestly wonder what a nuclear holocaust would do to the oceans, though. They're already pitching that you'll encounter significantly more rads in Far Harbor. Could actually make for good gaming. But if the Glowing Sea is any kind of an indicator, you'll likely want to avoid any oceanic travel.

The Glowing Sea is on land...

The Glowing Sea is on land...

Yeah, but that land mass called the Glowing Sea is near the sea, isn't it?

Although, I just realized why that would still be irrelevant.............all the other parts of the map that border the sea aren't "glowing". :lol

Now that I remember, the glowing sea was ground zero or something, right.

Still, my original point stands.................the game is not completely realistic. Nor have any of the Fallout series been. It's science fiction, and some things just won't line up with reality. Your not eating fancy lad cakes that are 200 years old. Your not gonna find all these nice things for scrapping just laying around. You can't build a Sentry Bot out of such basic items. You can't use unsterile medical equipment you found in an irradiated puddle. Ect.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back