Fallout: 3D Printed Power Armor Helmets UPDATED 12/2/2018

Re: Fallout 3: 3D Printed Power Armor Helmets

Yeah it's a bit off for a BoS armor, and I can see it being an enclave armor I just don't like the enclave APA II armor design much (especially the helmet).

Yeah it's a bit off for a BoS armor, and I can see it being an enclave armor I just don't like the enclave APA II armor design much (especially the helmet).
But which one APA II? Fallout 3 or Fallout 2/4? ;D

With all this chatter about future helmets, maybe I can give you guys a quick update on the one I'm still working on. ;):lol

Printing out the rest of the smaller parts for T-51b. Some of the smaller parts, like the optics bracket, are ready for casting. The others are being printed right now, and progress is going great with the main shell. Hoping we won't have to wait much longer.

And, hopefully, I'll be able to get some more filament soon to begin printing the APA lid. I need to hurry or libernull is going to start rioting. :lol

but which one apa ii? Fallout 3 or fallout 2/4? ;d
f3 apa ii :p though I'm not a giant fan of the original apa either but it's definitely better....

With all this chatter about future helmets, maybe I can give you guys a quick update on the one I'm still working on.
wink.png
lol.gif

Printing out the rest of the smaller parts for T-51b. Some of the smaller parts, like the optics bracket, are ready for casting. The others are being printed right now, and progress is going great with the main shell. Hoping we won't have to wait much longer.

And, hopefully, I'll be able to get some more filament soon to begin printing the APA lid. I need to hurry or libernull is going to start rioting.
lol.gif

haha, are you going to source actual hoses for the 51b?

haha, are you going to source actual hoses for the 51b?

Nope, gonna print them and cast them too. Looking to cast them in urethane rubber. Still don't know how that is going to go, but that's the plan. For static displays I'll probably make them out of hard plastic like everything else.

The trouble with using real hoses is getting the bends right, and it looking accurate to the game. I'd like the bends to match, rather than use real hose. Of course, anybody who wishes to use real hoses will be able to if they want. :)

Dao2 said:
f3 apa ii :p though I'm not a giant fan of the original apa either but it's definitely better....

There is a hope ;)

And, hopefully, I'll be able to get some more filament soon to begin printing the APA lid. I need to hurry or libernull is going to start rioting. :lol

Don't worry i'm a peaceful man like a Sgt. Arch Dorman
But serious, no rush ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

It looks better in 2d I think tbh, every 3d rendition of it just looks like a beak to me. Also I don't get why it has the opening/cavity.

Last edited:

how much will a t-45d helmet set me back providing you ship to uk?

Well, I can't post any prices here as it's against the forum rules. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to even estimate at this point. Still lots of work to do, and with all the little parts, there will be a need for a lot of silicone. I wouldn't be able to have a price until I can determine how much it costs to make everything. Not to mention that I have not even started mastering the T-45d lid yet.

When the time is right, I'll start a junkyard thread. Right now, I think it's best to focus on making it, and not so much selling it. The time will come, and when it does, trust me, I won't forget anybody. ;)

Now, T-51b on the other hand, is fast approaching that time zone. While I'm still not quite ready to start gathering up interested buyers, I plan to start an interest thread in two weeks. I've got a few of the smaller parts ready to cast, and I'm hoping about two weeks time left with the main shell before I can start casting that. So those who've been waiting for a T-51, stay tuned, it's coming.

The T-45d helmet will follow after that. :)

Progress continues on the little parts to T-51b. Got all but one part to the side optics bracket ready for mold making. Part fits great on the main helmet. Also been working on the head lamp assembly. Here's a pic of the lens almost ready to start polishing down:

head lamp lens.jpg

More little parts up soon, and more progress on the main shell to come. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Have you started selling anything yet?

Not yet. I am in the process of casting a couple of the smaller parts to T-51b. Also have a few of the smaller parts ready to mold, just haven't made the mold yet. There are also parts that I'm still mastering, as well as a couple that have not even been printed yet.

I have not made any progress on the main shell lately, as I've focused all my attention to finish up the Ballistic Fist I'm working on, which should be ready to mold by this weekend. I was spreading myself too thin, and focusing on one thing at a time has had it's rewards. Once the Ballistic Fist is finished up, I'm moving right back to finishing up T-51b. After T-51b, my plans are to move on to T-45d.

Anyhow, I'll try to have some pics of some of the casted parts this evening. Nothing super exciting, but steady progress just the same.

Not yet. I am in the process of casting a couple of the smaller parts to T-51b. Also have a few of the smaller parts ready to mold, just haven't made the mold yet. There are also parts that I'm still mastering, as well as a couple that have not even been printed yet.

I have not made any progress on the main shell lately, as I've focused all my attention to finish up the Ballistic Fist I'm working on, which should be ready to mold by this weekend. I was spreading myself too thin, and focusing on one thing at a time has had it's rewards. Once the Ballistic Fist is finished up, I'm moving right back to finishing up T-51b. After T-51b, my plans are to move on to T-45d.

Anyhow, I'll try to have some pics of some of the casted parts this evening. Nothing super exciting, but steady progress just the same.

Okay awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product, and perhaps obtaining one of my own!

hey any progress? new pics?!? :)

Should be right back on track this weekend. Finishing up my Ballistic Fist, pretty much ready to start making the final mold for it.

Basically, I had too much going on at one time to actually get anything done. I've managed to find my focus, though. The T-51b helmet is still coming along, but I won't fully pick back up on it until the current project is done. That should be this weekend.

No progress on the other two, they are sitting and waiting their turn. After I complete T-51b, I'm going to move on to the T-45d helmet.

I know it's been a while. It'll likely be a good while longer, too. But it'll be worth the wait for sure, that I can promise. :)

No progress on the other two, they are sitting and waiting their turn. After I complete T-51b, I'm going to move on to the T-45d helmet.

I know it's been a while. It'll likely be a good while longer, too. But it'll be worth the wait for sure, that I can promise. :)

Life Happens.. just excited to see your build! :)

Life Happens.. just excited to see your build! :)

Hey, thanks!

It's not really "life" getting in the way. I simply began too many projects. Once I learned to 3d model, I started going to town with it. Literally have modeled and printed a dozen Fallout gun props. Meanwhile, Cassius continued modeling the helmets (as was our original plan) and so my "to do" list got bigger and bigger.

Recently, I've handed off several of my projects to some good hands. This, along with me focusing on one build at a time, has helped me to not feel so overwhelmed with projects. I have a better laid out plan for myself as to what gets worked on, and when.

That's really awesome.. that's the way to grow correctly in expanding the amount you can do!. Delegate work to capable hands! I didn't see a post for a while.. Just wanted to check in and see if you're still on track!. a man with a plan! lol..

will be anxiously waiting to see your stuff. Do you have another thread running with your models? and I have this idea for the fallout guns that I want to do.. I don't think it's been done.. PM me and I can tell you about it.. I don't want to tell the world.. :) and I'm not sure I am going to have time this fall executing it.. starting a new business and all myself..

That's really awesome.. that's the way to grow correctly in expanding the amount you can do!. Delegate work to capable hands! I didn't see a post for a while.. Just wanted to check in and see if you're still on track!. a man with a plan! lol..

will be anxiously waiting to see your stuff. Do you have another thread running with your models? and I have this idea for the fallout guns that I want to do.. I don't think it's been done.. PM me and I can tell you about it.. I don't want to tell the world.. :) and I'm not sure I am going to have time this fall executing it.. starting a new business and all myself..

Sure thing. My models and props thread is here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=232328

And, PM sent. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back