Fallout: 3D Printed Power Armor Helmets UPDATED 12/2/2018

Thanks Zap!

And yeah, these are a bit smaller than the CE version. The CE version is actually a lot closer to true scale than I thought it would be, but I do believe it's just a little bit smaller than full scale if we built a Power Armor to full scale size. Still, it's pretty big.

While I do plan on building a Power Armor suit, I do not plan on making the one from Fallout 4. I have always wanted the T-51b suit from FO3. With my FO4 T-51 helmet being the same scale as my FO3 helmet (which is scaled for a full suit in my height), I could use the FO4 helmet on my theoretical suit. This would be cool.

IMG_20181206_155154567.jpg

IMG_20181206_155227928.jpg

Anyhow, yeah. Check out the difference.

IMG_20181206_155415206.jpg

IMG_20181206_155506933.jpg

Yeah I was surprised on the size of that helmet too, but it looks to be true size if you take in consideration how big the armours are!! Your helmets do look amazing Chris!

Yeah I was surprised on the size of that helmet too, but it looks to be true size if you take in consideration how big the armours are!! Your helmets do look amazing Chris!

Thank you!

I still think the scale of the CE version is shy of true scale.

I think that it's time to find out. Does anybody know what the actual height of a full Power Armor is supposed to be? We need to figure out what true 1:1 scale is, so that we can compare. I'm curious as hell, myself. And I have entertained the idea (lightly) of making one that is full scale. Is this possibly something my good man zapwizard can help us with, I wonder? :)

As you know, scale is a bit relative in Fallout. You have to pick some object in the world which you want to trust, then compare against that.
A doorway might be a good point of reference as most house interior doors are 80in tall. Then take a screenshot of a person in power armor in a doorway. Another idea is to take a shot of someone entering power armor, and use their height compared to your own to set the rest of the dimensions.

You can compare the scale of any two images in any program which supports actual scale. I like to use SketchUp, as it has a tape-measure tool which you can use to connect one dot to another, and then type in the actual dimension and it scales everything to match.

As you know, scale is a bit relative in Fallout. You have to pick some object in the world which you want to trust, then compare against that.
A doorway might be a good point of reference as most house interior doors are 80in tall. Then take a screenshot of a person in power armor in a doorway. Another idea is to take a shot of someone entering power armor, and use their height compared to your own to set the rest of the dimensions.

You can compare the scale of any two images in any program which supports actual scale. I like to use SketchUp, as it has a tape-measure tool which you can use to connect one dot to another, and then type in the actual dimension and it scales everything to match.

Man, I swore there was at one point an actual pre-decided height. Or was there something lore wise?

Everything I'm seeing doing a search suggests that the armor would be scaled to the users body, like in Fallout 3. But that can't be right. The armor stands on it's own at a predesignated height. And when you get in it, it stays at that height.

The doorway idea seems sound, though.

I think I will be doing this paintjob from 76. This'll probably be the only 76 paintjob I do for this helmet, though. It appears that the smaller diameter hoses and rear hose connectors for them are copper on this paintjob. You can see the greenish oxidation on them, over the copper coloring. That'll be fun to replicate...….

Screenshot (362).png

Screenshot (361).png

Screenshot (363).png

Screenshot (360).png

Could be fun to see someone do the Fallout 2 Tribal T-51 helmet.

Attachments

• fallout2 tribal helmet design.jpg
    fallout2 tribal helmet design.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 509
Thank you good sir!

Here's the status of my first three helmets. Need to slightly weather the middle OD green helmet some more. The other two are done. All three just need hoses and to have the optics pods pinned to the bracket. I could even add lights to the lamps on the Vault Tec and Nuka Cola helmets if I wanted to.

View attachment 965851

I love this So much <3

This Nuka Cola repaint showed up on Reddit.
Custom Painted Nuka Cola T-51b Helmet : fo76

It looks nice. He got his a bit more accurate than mine with the white underwash on the chin. A couple inaccuracies on his too, namely the color of the stars, but it does look nice.

Very cool!

Thank you! Just to let everybody know, I didn't fall off the Earth. Just been kinda hooked on FO76, but helmets are still happening! Will be looking to start modeling the Excavator and Ultracite helmets from 76 as soon as I can, too.

Hello there general minioni ;) View attachment 1066855

Nice!

I'll have pics of my pretty much finished T-51 helmet project. Divorce has eaten up a lot of my time, and what little I have I spend working on projects rather than posting. But I'll be back very soon, with more goodness.

Curious about the scale of that T-60. Would be wicked awesome if it's the same scale as my others.....

I scaled it up by 5%. After a while I decided to check how the scaling would actually work when compared to a full armor and this helmet fits an armor that is 2 meters tall. Not sure what is the defult in game size but 2 meters sounds kinda spot on.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back