Interest Fallout 3 - T-51b Power Armor Helmet from 3d Printed Master***Update In Last Post***

Re: Fallout 3 - T-51b Power Armor Helmet from 3d Printed Master

Bump for interest. Did some work this past weekend, got some of the visor area cleaned up. Also started working on the cheek detail areas. Still much to do, but it's chuggin' along.

T51 VISOR.jpgT51 CHEEK.jpg

Looking great! Very interested. :)

Got you down. :thumbsup

Also, want to let everybody know that I will have some set prices this week. With the amount of interest I'm getting for these, price shouldn't be as steep as I was worried it was going to be. :)

Bump for interest.

Didn't manage to get much done this past week, sadly. Had a lot of rain throughout the week, and I typically work outside. I was able to work on the helmet for a few hours this weekend, did a bunch of spot checking and am also finishing up work on the seams. I'm hoping to have the main shell all done in the next couple weeks, as there isn't too terribly much left to do. From there, I'll continue on with the smaller parts.

I'll post some pics of the progress later this week, after I've had some more time to finish the last of the clean up.

I've also updated the first post with pricing information. Please bear in mind that I will not be able to give a price on visor lenses and the hoses yet. Need to make them first before I will know how much they will cost. Hoses and visors will be an added option, as well as cold casting.

Helmet is looking incredible. I'm interested depending on final prices with visor and hoses. The cold casting will likely be incredible.

Helmet is looking incredible. I'm interested depending on final prices with visor and hoses. The cold casting will likely be incredible.

Got you down. Will advise once hoses and visor have been made.

Update bump.

Got a few more of the smaller parts ready for molding. I'm slowly chipping away at them, and only have a few little parts left to print and master. Didn't manage to print the visor lens yet, I had some PC trouble and as a result lost my printer configuration files. Will be re configuring them this weekend, and will get the visor printed up. I'm very curious to see how well the visor fits into the main helmet.

Aside from that, will be trying to finalize the main helmet. I forgot to post the last round of pics here last time, but for anybody who didn't see them just check out the build thread, link is in the first post. I'll get some good pics of the progress on Sunday or Monday and post them here.

It's certainly not going to be much longer. The main lid is nearly done and the little parts are coming along just as well. I'll be working at it all weekend, so stay tuned.

Alrighty, a small update here. Been moving along with some of the smaller parts, as well as beginning to finalize the main helmet. A few of the smaller elements are pretty much ready to cast, and a couple of them just need some slight clean up to get them mold ready as well. The parts that are ready are fitting into their respective key slots well. I've also begun cleaning out all the little pilot holes for the rivets. Once I finally get a chance to get some more silicone, I'll start molding up the parts that are ready.

progress 1.jpgprogress 2.jpgprogress 3.jpg

Still a little seam work to do on the main helmet, and as mentioned, cleaning out pilot depressions. I spent most of last weekend working on cleaning out the detail lines, as well as working further on the cheek areas.

progress 4.jpgprogress 5.jpg

A couple of parts are actually being revised. I am going to re print the head lamp assembly, as I made some changes to how the two parts of the head lamp assembly will fit together, basically keying them together so they line up just right. Another part I revised was the lens thingy on the optics bracket. Originally it was set up as one piece, however I separated the actual lens from the piece and printed them separately. The lens part of it is already being casted, but the part the lens fits into still needs a little clean up. You can see below, however, that they fit together well. Overall I think it will look more realistic this way.

progress 6.jpg

Anyways, more to come this weekend. Stay tuned.

Bump for interest.

Working on the visor this week, got it printed and fitted. Will be mastering it this week, getting it ready for casting. I'm going to print the lower hoses this week, and will be moving to get them finished up as well.

The helmet itself is just about ready.

visor_zpsiz64u8ul.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bump for interest. Hoping to start making the mold for the main shell in the next two weeks, just waiting until I can afford the silicone. In the meantime I'm working to get the other pieces done. Visor turned out great, will post pics with it and other pieces soon. The wait shouldn't be much longer.

shell%20mastered%201_zpsuqq3liu0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

shell%20mastered%203_zps9mz0t7zw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

shell%20mastered%202_zpsgkh00csg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

shell%20mastered%204_zpso1xngccg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bump for interest.

Wanted to chime in on where the project is at. Right now I've got several molds made for a bunch of the little parts. I just finally got some more filament for my printer, so I can print the revised head lamp assembly. There's also the hoses still, and two other little parts. My main focus is getting those parts printed, so I can begin mastering them, and more importantly so I can get them fitted to the main helmet. Once I've reached that point, I can begin making the mold for the main helmet.

It is moving slowly, mostly because I'm trying to fund this on my own, so when money is tight, things slow down. But, it is coming along well. This weekend I will pour some casts of the little parts I have and see how that goes.

Anyhow, stay frosty guys. Kits will be coming soon. I'll keep everyone updated and post some more pics when I have something a bit more eye catching. ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back