Factory Entertainment Ressikan Flute from Star Trek: TNG

These are now in stock and shipping! I’ll be posting a video review when mine arrives!

And very interestingly, their email announcing these had arrived also said, “Our first (but FAR from last) Star Trek prop replica...”

Look forward to seeing what else they come up with!

Sean

Woo! Coincidentally, I'm two episodes away from The Inner Light on my latest watch through TNG. I haven't gotten an email update on my preorder yet, but I'm sure it'll come soon.

This is one of those props that I have a passive interest in. But for the fact that it costs more than the upcoming Wand Company tricorder and doesn't do anything, I have to pass.
Has Wand announced a price for the Tricorder?

The flute looks nice. Good to see TNG getting some licensed replicas. While it doesn't really fit my collection, I'm a TOS guy, I have friends who have been wanting items like this for years.

I emailed Tina direct this morning and the invoice showed up. Paid in full looking forward to seeing this. GC

I received my flute a while back, and in general I'm very pleased. I think the pictures will mostly speak for themselves, however I'd like to point out a few things.
  • It's not a playable flute
  • The case looks good, but it's clearly one two molded halves, not a case with shapes attached to it
  • I like the music button and that it doesn't play when you just open it
  • If you keep both pieces of foam in, there's a small gap when the lid is shut. The flute is secure if both pieces of foam in, but for display taking the top piece out would make sense
  • There's a clear coat on the flute, which should reduce corrosion
  • The tassel tie comes out of the middle of the wrap, not the top like I believe it is in the show. It's also secured with a spot of glue
It's not perfect, for my eye the tassel wrap is the one thing I'd most likely modify. The colors in the pictures are fairly representative of its true colors. I'm pleased with it, The Inner Light is truly one of my favorite pieces of television and I'm just happy to have been able to purchase a licensed replica.

case_closed_with_foam.jpg case_closed_with_foam_front.jpg case_closed_no_foam.jpg music_button.jpg case_back.jpg

case_open.jpg flute_tassel.jpg flute_back.jpg flute_mouthpiece.jpg

I bought this as well and I had the same impressions mrwax. I sent my first flute back (just the flute) because the spot of glue was overdone by a lot. Imagine a glue spot the size of a quarter lol. They returned a flute that looks just yours. At the price point overall I am pretty happy and the art work and COA was pretty nice as well. The box is pretty heavy but as stated solid two formed pieces. GC

Last edited:
Finally got around to finishing up this edit. Overall, a nice display prop. Could have used a better speaker though…

Sean

Episode 14 - Star Trek: The Next Generation Ressikan Flute by Factory Entertainment

Finally got around to finishing up this edit. Overall, a nice display prop. Could have used a better speaker though…

Sean

Episode 14 - Star Trek: The Next Generation Ressikan Flute by Factory Entertainment
Great video. I'm really looking forward to what other ST replicas FE has planned.

Do you ever take videos or photos of your shelves? I see many awesome items back there.

I received my flute a while back, and in general I'm very pleased. I think the pictures will mostly speak for themselves, however I'd like to point out a few things.
  • It's not a playable flute
  • The case looks good, but it's clearly one two molded halves, not a case with shapes attached to it
  • I like the music button and that it doesn't play when you just open it
  • If you keep both pieces of foam in, there's a small gap when the lid is shut. The flute is secure if both pieces of foam in, but for display taking the top piece out would make sense
  • There's a clear coat on the flute, which should reduce corrosion
  • The tassel tie comes out of the middle of the wrap, not the top like I believe it is in the show. It's also secured with a spot of glue
It's not perfect, for my eye the tassel wrap is the one thing I'd most likely modify. The colors in the pictures are fairly representative of its true colors. I'm pleased with it, The Inner Light is truly one of my favorite pieces of television and I'm just happy to have been able to purchase a licensed replica.

View attachment 1463779 View attachment 1463780 View attachment 1463781 View attachment 1463782 View attachment 1463783

View attachment 1463784 View attachment 1463785 View attachment 1463786 View attachment 1463787
Now that you mention these small things, especially the tassle, I think it was what put me off taking the plunge and buying this. Coupled with the high price and the no doubt high international postage fee and the inevitable import tax and handling fee, I just can't justify the price.

Thanks for your honest insights.

Now that you mention these small things, especially the tassle, I think it was what put me off taking the plunge and buying this. Coupled with the high price and the no doubt high international postage fee and the inevitable import tax and handling fee, I just can't justify the price.

Thanks for your honest insights.
It's definitely not a perfect replica, I think you're probably making the right call, especially if you'd have to pay additional shipping and import fees. Unfortunately there just aren't many replicas available of this, other than going full custom. Some day I'll probably buckle down and build or commission something better, but for the time being I'm happy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back