Factory Entertainment Man with the Golden Gun Pre-Order

I do like the presentation case idea they have for this go around. I wonder if the bullet will remain plastic? I always thought they could have done better with that. If you prepaid on the original SE run they had a little bonus with a white packet of extra bullets for like the first 100 buyers.

if I remember, the previous from 2010 were made from plastic too.
Bullets are quite easy to make from brass, so it's easy to replace the plastic ones for a better design.

Although it sucks for people that bought the limited edition back in the days, I'm glad they will be available again, since I'm really looking for one of these for years now.

Maybe someone can do a run of brass / metal 007 bullets here to replace the plastic ones ;-).

That looks pretty sweet, but $699...ouch. That's about twice what I paid for my most expensive single replica (RM's Cross of Coronado), let alone $2k+. I'm thinking I'd just like to get the lighter it's based on (working lighter), but it's not simple (thus far) to find the lighter in the same pattern (same model in a different pattern on eBay is only like $45 asking price). Plus paying now to get the gun a YEAR from now? That's a long wait.

The main problem is colibri molectric is quite a poor quality lighter and hard to refill, and the piezo seems also quite weak even it's enormous compared to modern days piezo ignition in fact, about half the lighter body is ised just for ignition, and flame valve is going all along lighter making the gaz tank even smaller.
Other problem is it's available with from 13 to 16 diamonds cut, it seems the right number is 14.

Colibri lighters were notorious for breaking down over time. I once bought both of my parents their beam sensor lighter that had a beam of light you broke with your finger to get it to light and both of them failed and needed to be replaced multiple times, at least they were very good about that, and it went through batteries like they were going out of style. Their touch sensor lighters also had problems in that if it was cold out and your finger was not warm enough you could not get it to light and over time it would just stop working. I had other Colibri lighters when I used to smoke that never seemed to last but I liked them and kept buying then until I quit smoking a while ago.

Yeah Colibri lighters were trash.

I had the one used in the Golden Gun and threw it out after only having it for a few months after it stopped working

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back