Factory Entertainment Man with the Golden Gun Pre-Order

Their proto has probably already been done.

Give them a shout and see what they say, no need to rely on your friend

For now, I made one, earned nothing, just to joy to make it and make a video.
The parts cost 2 grounds, from shapeways, as I didn't have the money, I offered someone to make the try, buying the parts, free assembly, spent hours to make it work.
The 2010 price has risen so much it's more than 2 grounds on the market, even I didn't even want to buy it for 500$ in 2010.
I want to make one for me, and if possible some for other, I was thinking about making seven of them in the end, from 001 to 007, keeping the 001 or 007 for me, or making a eighth for myself, but different, but the very best would be to work for those who have license, and upgrade it as close as possible to my own design, and make hundreds, for as many people as possible!
I made a file, with some of my work, abilities etc, I think on september I will ask my friend to show them the curriculum.

Well you have to make that inquiry to the right person.

There are 1 or 2 members here who have done Proto’s for them, maybe they will lend a hand

already did, couple of months ago, sure they didn't even see the message.
Most of quite big companies don't even see them, go directly to spam folder.
When my friend contacted them, he got a reply, they were not looking for someone, but if he could provide more information, they may be interested, then I made the files, and curriculum, but my friend didn't send them yet.

I have been kicking myself for selling mine even though i got really good money (like $1800). Lets hope they use a slightly bigger pitch thread on the trigger this time around as i remember alot of people had issues cross threading them on the first release. The first issue still has the signed plaque which can never be made again so not sure how much it will go down in value. Its definitely going to take a hit. If your buying these props to make money you have to sell when the price is high otherwise buy them to enjoy. Eventually they get made again, most of the time a more accurate version and the old ones take a hit. Tomenosuke blasters are still the biggest mess when it comes to "final run" offenders though haha.

Patrice, I have followed your golden gun design from the beginning and I will say that your design and execution is the BEST I have ever seen.
I was friends with Steve from SD Studios when we presented his version to Michael Wilson at EON and to the former head of Colibri. They were both impressed with his design.
I can only imagine how they would have felt if hey had seen your design. It is amazing and far exceeds ANY version out there. Well done, my friend. You have achieved what others have tried and surpassed them by leaps and bounds!!!! --Ed

There were the Signature editions and the Limited Edtions forgot what the Editions size were.

I still have mine no. 345 and the only Edtion I think will take a hit is the Limited, the Signatures will be fine

I have been kicking myself for selling mine even though i got really good money (like $1800). Lets hope they use a slightly bigger pitch thread on the trigger this time around as i remember alot of people had issues cross threading them on the first release. The first issue still has the signed plaque which can never be made again so not sure how much it will go down in value. Its definitely going to take a hit. If your buying these props to make money you have to sell when the price is high otherwise buy them to enjoy. Eventually they get made again, most of the time a more accurate version and the old ones take a hit. Tomenosuke blasters are still the biggest mess when it comes to "final run" offenders though haha.

I don't expect the Signed Editions to go down in value as the actors are no longer amongst us. I expect them to only increase in value vs. the latest edition. Yes the cufflink threading was a bear they might re visit that. Hopefully they are not doing a facsimile of the signed plaques kind of what MR did on the SE Enterprises plaques. As to Tomenosuke yeah that's kind of why I chose the Richard Coyle Worldcon model for my collection

Last edited:
Well they are not the first to do a re-pop of a prop.

I’m looking at my non sig one as I post

There will certainly no longer be any Signature Editions of this unless they have figured out how to get Roger Moore to sign from the grave! :D

Concur the SE edition well be fine. My SE is not going anywhere

Apollo other than the presentation which is completely different vs. the Acrylic case I noticed the pen (Barrel if you prefer) is different than the LE's and SE's on the first run. The pocket clip now can be removed from the barrel end. I believe that is a change

Also I believe the run of SE's were 400 worldwide.

Also folks are forgetting this is at least the THIRD run of this gun as SD Studios made a run before Factory Entertainment Others did as via EON so maybe the 5th run.... SO just saying

Last edited:
Look, put yourself in my boat.
I look at everything in my collection as an investment (I get it, many do not. "I just want what I want. I'll NEVER sell it so who cares how 'limited' it is!". Fine. If that's you, this doesn't apply to you). I get a particular thrill buying something for 100.00 and finding out five it's later it's worth 1,00.00. Now imagine seeing an item and it's very limited. Thinking to yourself though a very cool piece, it's mighty expensive.so now you have to justify spending the high dollar. Then you see CLEARLY on the selling site how very limited it it and that they will NEVER be sold again. There's my justification. So I buy one and now they're sold out. Over the last few years I see the same item on the secondary market climb dramatically. Yayyyy! You invested wisely. Now said company says, "Oh guess what. We need for money. Sorry we LIED to you but we are going to throw our promise out the window." My item is now decreasing in value...much like the business practice of said prop company.

Actually SD studios made a run before Factory Entertainment. SO.... This re-release will be the 3rd run or ? run as others were before SD. I get your upset but Signed Editions is the only way forward in the LE Replica Prop Collecting world. GC

Last edited:
I’m not an expert (Karl? Steve?) but I think this is like the fourth, maybe fifth, run of a MWTGG GG ever. Each has had some differences ... but in this case FE claims to have seen the original or original reference material.

I agree with both sides, when you buy a supposedly “limited edition” you trust that the company is being honest about “when they’re gone, they’re gone” and not mean just that instance of a “run.” It’s a kick in the gut if they revisit and make a “new run” from the source materials. Even making a new prototype and run, but with similar “certificate” materials, what a bummer.

But firms like FE cannot necessarily be trusted to truly never revisit something again. Like The Franklin Mint, they are not restrained by reputation or business model from never doing it again. Sorry if you bought thinking this really was the first, last, and only FE GG replica they would ever make. :-\

It’s why I understand that this is such a tough business to be in. You get a license to make something from the license holder, you make a “limited run,” hopefully make a profit, then the license holder goes to some other shop to do it again. Pffft, there goes your exclusivity!

Curious to preorder myself. I fell out of love with the Moore Bonds (except his “reboot” LALD), but recently rewatched MWTGG and think it gets a bad rap. It’s still a good Bond adventure and a superb villain (Lee’s performance is underrated considering he was trying to play a “dark doppelganger of Bond”). Just take a martini or more to get over the wince from misogynistic and sexist remarks about/to Goodnight. I got the FE FRWL SPECTRE ring in my size to wear on my “Largo” finger, and though it has some flaws, it’s a great conversation piece. Looks beautiful. Do I think my size 9 or 10 is a precious, rare LE item to be resold later for profit? Doubtful. Do I anticipate this “collectible” will be a nice display piece? Oh yeeeaaaah.

I’m not an expert (Karl? Steve?) but I think this is like the fourth, maybe fifth, run of a MWTGG GG ever. Each has had some differences ... but in this case FE claims to have seen the original or original reference material.

I agree with both sides, when you buy a supposedly “limited edition” you trust that the company is being honest about “when they’re gone, they’re gone” and not mean just that instance of a “run.” It’s a kick in the gut if they revisit and make a “new run” from the source materials. Even making a new prototype and run, but with similar “certificate” materials, what a bummer.

But firms like FE cannot necessarily be trusted to truly never revisit something again. Like The Franklin Mint, they are not restrained by reputation or business model from never doing it again. Sorry if you bought thinking this really was the first, last, and only FE GG replica they would ever make. :-\

It’s why I understand that this is such a tough business to be in. You get a license to make something from the license holder, you make a “limited run,” hopefully make a profit, then the license holder goes to some other shop to do it again. Pffft, there goes your exclusivity!

Curious to preorder myself. I fell out of love with the Moore Bonds (except his “reboot” LALD), but recently rewatched MWTGG and think it gets a bad rap. It’s still a good Bond adventure and a superb villain (Lee’s performance is underrated considering he was trying to play a “dark doppelganger of Bond”). Just take a martini or more to get over the wince from misogynistic and sexist remarks about/to Goodnight. I got the FE FRWL SPECTRE ring in my size to wear on my “Largo” finger, and though it has some flaws, it’s a great conversation piece. Looks beautiful. Do I think my size 9 or 10 is a precious, rare LE item to be resold later for profit? Doubtful. Do I anticipate this “collectible” will be a nice display piece? Oh yeeeaaaah.

What were the other two rounds before SD ? I think EON licensed a small run but I can remember with whom ?

Last edited:
Yeah first thing I noticed was the removable clip

I don’t recall the edition size of any of the Fe’s.

My LE is number 345

Apollo other than the presentation which is completely different vs. the Acrylic case I noticed the pen (Barrel if you prefer) is different than the LE's and SE's on the first run. The pocket clip now can be removed from the barrel end. I believe that is a change

Also I believe the run of SE's were 400 worldwide.

Also folks are forgetting this is at least the THIRD run of this gun as SD Studios made a run before Factory Entertainment Others did as via EON so maybe the 5th run.... SO just saying

The LE’s were an open run of ? The LE’s had a simple felt pen written number of what number it was. So it was completely an open edition limited to how many they felt like making at the time I guess. Maybe that was the intention all along? Only the dual SE’s was once again signed with a felt pen but but it was # out of 400. I don’t think could have safely stamped in the number as if memory serves correct the plates were exceptionally thin and not of a really high quality

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back