Fabric Help

PhilmFreak

Jr Member
Hello all,

I could really use some help trying to get a fabric that looks like this:

cashmere lining detial.jpg

For reference, 13 of the little red dots is about an inch.

IMG_1465.JPG
I believe it is a woven silk that is no longer available. That being said, I am trying to look for a small woven red and black check pattern, which is also very hard to find. My last resort will be to use a solid red satin. Some 12th doctor fans will recognize this as the coat lining, which is exactly what I will be using it for. Thanks for your help!

I actually already tried them. I ordered a swatch and it just didn't look right. A second swatch is on it's way, but I would like to see if I can get closer to the original "woven" texture of the fabric.

I was considering this one on spoonflower, not sure if it's the same as you had tried? http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/3494966 I was thinking satin but it was suggested that it might reflect/wash out too much so was going to look at the various options. I thought I heard though I don't know how real a possibility it is that Magnoli might do a reweave of it at some point? Not sure but that would be cool.

I think he said he would if he could get a swatch of the original fabric (which I think he got). So, sounds like a possibility!

Yeah I saw a new alternative option show up, someone tracked down a supply of the exact stuff but in other colors that was able to be dyed to match the red. Looks pretty good too though a bit pricey. Hope Magnoli takes a stab at it, just getting ready to order a different one from him. :)

I think the new series 9 coats have been make with a plain red satin shot with black, so if I have to resort to that, I will still be perfectly happy.

Yeah I've been looking at coat options, just really curious how the Abbyshot coat is going to turn out... It's going to be the S9 so figured if I did one sooner I would go with the 8.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back