Fabric Help

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by PhilmFreak, Jul 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PhilmFreak

PhilmFreak Jr Member

Hello all,

I could really use some help trying to get a fabric that looks like this:

cashmere lining detial.jpg

For reference, 13 of the little red dots is about an inch.

IMG_1465.JPG
    I believe it is a woven silk that is no longer available. That being said, I am trying to look for a small woven red and black check pattern, which is also very hard to find. My last resort will be to use a solid red satin. Some 12th doctor fans will recognize this as the coat lining, which is exactly what I will be using it for. Thanks for your help!

2. montysaurus

montysaurus Active Member

Have you thought of having a place like Spoonflower.com print some?

3. PhilmFreak

PhilmFreak Jr Member

I actually already tried them. I ordered a swatch and it just didn't look right. A second swatch is on it's way, but I would like to see if I can get closer to the original "woven" texture of the fabric.

4. Karol

Karol New Member

You might want to look into pique fabric.

PhilmFreak likes this.
  5. DamnItSasha

DamnItSasha Member

That actually kind of looks like a sports mesh to me. You could layer some red sports mesh on top of black fabric

PhilmFreak likes this.
  6. Skippy2k

Skippy2k Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was considering this one on spoonflower, not sure if it's the same as you had tried? http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/3494966 I was thinking satin but it was suggested that it might reflect/wash out too much so was going to look at the various options. I thought I heard though I don't know how real a possibility it is that Magnoli might do a reweave of it at some point? Not sure but that would be cool.

PhilmFreak likes this.
  7. PhilmFreak

PhilmFreak Jr Member

I think he said he would if he could get a swatch of the original fabric (which I think he got). So, sounds like a possibility!

8. Skippy2k

Yeah I saw a new alternative option show up, someone tracked down a supply of the exact stuff but in other colors that was able to be dyed to match the red. Looks pretty good too though a bit pricey. Hope Magnoli takes a stab at it, just getting ready to order a different one from him. :)

9. PhilmFreak

PhilmFreak Jr Member

I think the new series 9 coats have been make with a plain red satin shot with black, so if I have to resort to that, I will still be perfectly happy.

10. Skippy2k

Yeah I've been looking at coat options, just really curious how the Abbyshot coat is going to turn out... It's going to be the S9 so figured if I did one sooner I would go with the 8.

11. Indy Magnoli

Indy Magnoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

We are planning on doing a reweave of this fabric asap. Just waiting on some fabric samples to arrive.

12. Skippy2k

Awesome, glad to hear it!