Extra Crispy Alert

NavMidn

For those of you near a Lowe's (The Hardware Store) and looking for TOS Phaser 2 extra crispy, they have a case made by Task Force that sells for 24.99 (Lowe's Part # 24981) covered in the correct 60 degree diamond pattern. By my best estimate this case should provide about 4 lifetime supplies of extra crispy.

-John

Originally posted by propsculptor@Jan 12 2006, 03:38 PM
I am a Star Trek fan, but for those who like me don't know,
can you tell us all what "crispy" is?
[snapback]1157203[/snapback]​
I had the same question. Found answers here.

Originally posted by propsculptor@Jan 12 2006, 02:38 PM
I am a Star Trek fan, but for those who like me don't know,
can you tell us all what "crispy" is?
[snapback]1157203[/snapback]​

I asked the same thing just the other day. The answer is here:

Art Asylum Phaser upgrade thread

It refers to the rising site.

"Crispy" = clean, sharp detail
"Extra Crispy" = clean, sharp detail with the corrct diamond pattern

I dunno who named it "extra crispy" :lol but it's the foil that sits on the "rising sight" on a TOS phaser one.

phaser-06.jpg

I guess somebody's KFC started serving up perfect 60-degree diamond patterns on the chicken one day.. :rolleyes

- k

Bad news from Lowesville...

I went to my local Lowe's because the web site they had this case in stock... but they DIDN'T. My Lowe's doesn't carry the "Guard Force" brand (which is what part #24981 is). They only have the "Task Force" brand. And those cases have the wrong diamond pattern (90deg). :(

- k

That's odd, because my receipt has the same number, but mine came in a Taskforce box and not a Guardforce box, but I do plan on cutting this case up so if anybody needs any PM me and we'll talk, but I probably won't be able to do it for a week or so while I move back to school and unpack.

-John

funny thing,

i was at an older ladies house last summer and she had two of the correct ice trays . :)

well i got one of them, :D

have not cut it though, i guess i got it for the history. :p

john :cool

Hey Guys,

Just picked up a "Task Force" model 24981 up at Lowe's for $24.95. It is definately the WRONG pattern. The pattern is 84°.

Has anyone here bought the Guard Force yet? Can anyone confirm if the Guard Force is actually 60°?

TK

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back