Eureka TV Show

Because hands vary so much in size and shape, I'm looking for more images that show it near everyday items to get a better sense of scale. Also looking for a good shot of its slipcase.

Those two images don't show the hands of the same person by the way.

I know these are a bit dark but thought they might help with the scale.

vlcsnap-00015.jpg

vlcsnap-00017-1.jpg

vlcsnap-00024.jpg

OK, I'm almost positive now that they're not all exactly the same size. If they are, my best guess is less than 3 inches tall.

OK, I'm almost positive now that they're not all exactly the same size. If they are, my best guess is less than 3 inches tall.

Most of those shots have been in the hands of different people. The last one was Fargo's hand and he has small hands. The previous one was Deputy Andy and his hands are much bigger.

The one with the valve (vacuum tube) attached was in Alison's hand in 1947 (Jack's hand under hers) and the one before that was the Captain(?) back in 1947.

The first two were in Carter's hand in 2010 and Trevor Grant's back in 1947.

All of the ones on the table back in 1947 look to be the same size.

Personally I would go with the scale from the shots in Carter's and Deputy Andy's hands. They are also from the newer series so they are up-to-date. I'm still trying to find the shot of the slipcase.

They seem to be fairly small. I have a shot from side-on as well and it is probably only 4mm-5mm thick.

vlcsnap-00026.jpg

ps. God, Alison is hot even in profile in the almost dark.

Last edited:
Also in this part of the shot from 1947 you can see some "circuitry" inside two of the units Henry has apart on the table.

vlcsnap-00017a.jpg

I'm wondering if it can be made in two pieces with enough room milled inside such that a 2016 button cell and some SMD LEDs could edge light a piece of thin acrylic with a printed transparency under it.

I guess if a couple of sets of fronts and backs could be laser cut or waterjetted from aluminium one could do the necessary milling by hand with a Dremel. It would be inside and wouldn't matter if it were roughly done.

I didn't actually scale them to the hands, you're right, that's a dead end. I was referring to some small differences in the size and shape of the screen and scaling to the military belt in the one screen cap.

In the latest episode, they have sort of a cute little robot called the EMO (I think), which sort of reminds me of WALL-E.

As soon as I can take a couple of photos, I'll post a pic or two of my first attempt at a GD communicator. I was going electronic but now I'm not for this one.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back