Escape from New York Tracker, Locator & Mac 10 builds

And look here:
View attachment 1047667

Definitely not a perfect square!

I wonder if the little grey metallic dimple between the pinhole and the red button is itself a pin, designed to push up the eagle from underneath as an SFX gag? When Russell activates the flip, it looks like he exerts quite a bit of force.
I'd be a little leary about basing too much off of screen caps since there could be a bit camera/lens distortion involved. Unless it's an orthographic shot, lens distortion could definitely be a factor.

I'd be a little leary about basing too much off of screen caps since there could be a bit camera/lens distortion involved. Unless it's an orthographic shot, lens distortion could definitely be a factor.
True, but barrel or pincushion distortion would show differently, I think. Unless they stretched the image, but it doesn't appear so, because the button is still fairly uniform spherical.

1582668548223.png

(Either way, I kinda put this build on the shelf for a while when it proved difficult to get small quantities of copper and brass sheet in the correct thickness.)

Not sure if this is still an active thread, but I was wondering if there is a place to purchase one of these and/or the timer for the other arm?

The timer is now a licensed piece. They are still available. A bit expensive but my god! It’s a thing of beauty. It’s even Bluetooth!
Now, the eagle tracer, yeaaahhh. Good luck with that.

The timer is now a licensed piece. They are still available. A bit expensive but my god! It’s a thing of beauty. It’s even Bluetooth!
Now, the eagle tracer, yeaaahhh. Good luck with that.
Thank you for replying. Do you have links to either one for sale or someone with an Etsy shop that could or something? It’s not super important. I’m just looking to add some more authenticity to a costume I plan on putting together for Halloween.

Edit: Never mind on the timer, unless there is an inexpensive lookalike somewhere out there...

Last edited:
Fair enough. I picked up a pair of these - Urban camo pants, which are not even close, but close enough for those on a budget.
There's other sites that sell similar (or if you were on a real budget, you can possibly have my pair, if you wanna pay for shipping [from NZ] ...? Would be dependant on being your size though, I guess).

Just found this thread and I was wondering Jo how your MAC 10 was coming along. I have attached a few pics of mine which is based around a Tokyo Marui MAC 10 airsoft and remains fully functional together with my small collection of EFNY props and I know I should take a hack saw to the sub game!!!! If you do ever decide to produce replicas of this or the tracker (especially the tracker) I would be very interested.

IMG_0287.JPGIMG_0289.JPGIMG_0292.JPGIMG_0293.JPG

Just found this thread and I was wondering Jo how your MAC 10 was coming along. I have attached a few pics of mine which is based around a Tokyo Marui MAC 10 airsoft and remains fully functional together with my small collection of EFNY props and I know I should take a hack saw to the sub game!!!! If you do ever decide to produce replicas of this or the tracker (especially the tracker) I would be very interested.

View attachment 1346532View attachment 1346533View attachment 1346534View attachment 1346535

Great MAC replica. I wish I had grabbed one of those Life Clocks when they were available.

Thank you. Until you mentioned it I didn't even know that the Lifeclock one wasn't available anymore.

Yep, unfortunately. There were a load of them dirt cheap on ebay last winter and I figured they'd pop up again since it seemed like they were sitting there for a few months.

I just watched Escape From New York the other night and got pumped up to putting a costume together. So I enjoyed reading what has already been posted.

Stinks about the Lifeclock. I really wanted to get one then forgot all about it.

For the Sub Wars game, if one is found what is an average price to pay for one of these.

Thanks everyone!

James

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back