ESB Vader Glove theory

Even if they are custom made gloves...the WWII are lookin very close and with a bit of work they are still much better than the most offered or custom made ones out there. So they are definetly worth to use them on an accurate display....just my 2cents.

To me at least it looks like they are found gloves with a patch of quilted leather stitched to the top half....

ESBVadglovesHR.jpg

All the other gloves seem to be found, why not Vader's?

Leiasglove.jpg

I figured I'd give you the answer.
Take it or leave it, no big deal to me.
At the same time, I don't expect anyone who doubts to stop searching for something they will never find because it doesn't exist. It just par for the course for them in my opinion.
If you want to keep on grinding metal, knock yourself out.

If I prevented even one person from wasting their time in a fruitless search, then it was worth the 15 seconds it took to make my post.

and where has been your explanation??!?!?:angry

Great, great thread BTW!!!!!!

I agree Sith Lord, all the other costumes have a found glove. Look at the Tie Pilot. Real close to Vader.

Vader may have been the focal costume, but I read somewhere it wasn't. The thing that bothers me is that if the company would toss tons of money in custom gloves but have a stupid air hose on the belt. :wacko

But again, donno. Ill keep digging for more. Who knows, may find it.

I dont know about ESB but all the ANH leather work came from a single supplier and was off the shelf - not hand made

I had a meeting with John Mllo this week and it was one of the things we covered, he still had the name and address of the company. I'm in the process of tracking them down and seeing if they still exist

Cheers

Jez

I dont know about ESB but all the ANH leather work came from a single supplier and was off the shelf - not hand made

I had a meeting with John Mllo this week and it was one of the things we covered, he still had the name and address of the company. I'm in the process of tracking them down and seeing if they still exist

Cheers

Jez

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

very very cool!

Cheers

Jez

I better clarify myself. The company that did the leather work THEMSELVES did bespoke work for clients so Mollo could (for example) say to them "can we have this standard glove, but with this added to it".

Basically, the leather work for the imperial characters we discussed was outsourced to this company as they were very good. at what they did. Mollo had used them before.

Cheers

Jez

That would straddle the line on either side. Its a made part that was altered to the movie. Even if its a low production off the shelf glove its still a produced glove and might lend to being found.

Man. How cool would it be to get good pics? Ill even go there and say to find the real maker? Ya know?

At the same time, I don't expect anyone who doubts to stop searching for something they will never find because it doesn't exist. It just par for the course for them in my opinion.

If I prevented even one person from wasting their time in a fruitless search, then it was worth the 15 seconds it took to make my post.

Hey gino I have noticed that any time a question or possible new discovery is brought up about Vader you like to pop in with your comments, but you rarely explain how you know this to be true. I also know that you are very passionate about Vader and im sure you have done countless hours of research to make your awesome creations. But why is it not possible that someone else with a fresh pair of eyes must be wrong if it contradicts your previous findings. Why even but in and discourage someone from looking deeper into other possibilities without sharing with us why you are always the final say in anything Vader. Could it be that if someone else was to find out that Vader’s gloves were in fact a found item with alterations and that the custom gloves you spent your time and money creating would now be worthless to your perfect Vader. If you are right why not help us understand your findings better. You can be a great person to discuss with and debate about Vader as you know more then most and that would be extremely helpful to the prop community or you can just keep giving your im right your wrong answers with know explanation. I mean no offence to you gino I just wonder why you’re not more helpful with people who have the same goal as you. A super accurate Vader

While I would love to have Gino explain that question posed many times before on this thread...

Let it go yall. Let it go. What ever motives Gino has, its really meaningless. I would hate to have the thread locked and miss out on information.

Jez just posted HUGE info. Good God lets not mess it up with Gino bashing.

My experience with Gino has been love hate. He at the moment has the best gloves ever on a fan Vader. That spurred me to look, not only for found stuff but custom. My very first ever email about Vader was to Gino, and he told me in a few sentences that he was not the one to talk to for his knowledge was his.

I am fine with it. Yes it sucks. Yes it pisses you off a bit. Let it go. Just act like the posts are not there. He doesn't exist on the thread.

Lets move on.

Regardless. These aviator gloves are already better in shape than the current offerings and with a little alterations and craftmanship you can get them to look like the real deal for your displays and for trooping, which I think this is for anyway - an alternative to what's currently being offered.

Is it accurate to how the real ones were done? Probably not. but they seem a close enough substitute or base to work on to make something that is close enough - at least closer than what you can buy atm.

Until the real patterns and how the real ones where done and who did them is made public to the community there is nothing wrong with experimenting and searching for something that, with a little work, can pass off as a good looking Vader glove.

Just my 2 cents

Good stuff so far guy.

Great new Jez! If the patterns still exist with the original maker that would be a HUGE discovery. Hope that continues to go well.

It seems weird to me that glove would be custom made from scratch,modified yes,i can see that,almost everything was a found item and modded,lightsaber,blasters,clothing.
What people need to remember is that back in the 70's we had 100's of Army surplus shop over hare in England(i was only a kid but i still remember goig in them )the gloves would hae been sold for pennies in todays money so why pay £/$ to have them made.
Star Wars was a low budget film,and there must have been someone counting the pennies,i mean come on Lukes trousers and judo type jacket were probally 2nd hand.
Things that are now over the top expensive were so cheap then,we had the tap heads from Obi wan's saber on 2 sinks in 2 houses that i lived in,and you could see them anywhere,Graflex's etc where still used by some people.okay enough said,except that these glove also look like the type worn by uk motorcycle police and the AA bike mechanics,just to throw that at you:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

An almost exact same statement was made by someone who KNEW the Han ANH flash hider was a fire extinguisher. Take my word for it, he said. I KNOW.

Turns out he was wrong, and the person who kept digging made a huge discovery.

Best of luck.

PS, wasn't the ANH chestbox a found part railing post. :lol
Remember that thread? Deja vu for me.

An almost exact same statement was made by someone who KNEW the Han ANH flash hider was a fire extinguisher. Take my word for it, he said. I KNOW.

Same like a stone age charlatan that climbs every morning on a hill, to make his everyday show for the village people: he´s moving his arms upwards, until the sun comes out. He lets everyone believe that he´s the reason for why the sun rises. At the evening he makes the opposite movements until the sun goes down. Everyone in the village says: "Wow. What a great genius we have".

But what if he disappears and the village people find out that it all goes better without him and his show!?!?

That´s why I ignore that.

Back to topic:
I have some WW2 gloves since I was 13 that really comes very very close.

Some people want to be exclusive so they try to deter people with misinformation from reaching the same goals. Just do your best and try to not lose your fun in the process. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back