ESB AT-ST

sjanish

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes, another one.

This is my vac pulled head based on QC's drawings.

It is roughly trimmed, more like hacked. I cut it about 1/16 inch too short on all the cut sides due to using the wrong printout...it will have to be redone. I learned a lot about how to make the cuts. I'm going to do some greebly test fitting before attempting to cut my next pull. Any feedback would be appreciated.

DSC02327.jpg

DSC02329.jpg

DSC02330.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, those Chickens are rampantly breeding again!
Looks good, neat pulls, need to see more donors on it, but looks right thus far!

Lee

Can't see enough of these. Nice model with loads of kit parts. Did you make the pull yourself and can you quickly make a new one since you say you cut it short?

Good luck with you build!

Marvin

Looking good! My "words of advice" deal mostly with the front "tusks". It's a pretty specific shape/curve to get right, and I've done it successfully twice by cutting "near" the final lines, and then carefully, slowly, and patiently sanding down to the correct point. Worth the extra effort to get it right, and usually not something I bother to do so zen-like, lol!

4660930502_585da29db4_o.jpg

Yeah, those Chickens are rampantly breeding again!
Looks good, neat pulls, need to see more donors on it, but looks right thus far!

Lee

Thanks Lee. Your build is what drove me to the insanity of jumping on the V2 armature when I had just a small portion of the needed kits.

How is this for doners: ;)

DSC02341.jpg

I am still missing a few known parts. This is one of Alan's pics, I hope he doesn't mind me using it:

(Sorry, don't have this pic anymore.)

parts.jpg

Has part A been ID'ed? I have seen similar parts in some kit scans, but I don't think I have the kit. The parts I circled in B and C I could swear I have seen when browsing my kits, but I cannot currently locate the parts. The one part in B looks a lot like the jack in the 223. Also what have people used for the thicker hoses behind the head and to the chin gun? Thanks

Last edited:
scott,
A-not positively id'd yet, but feels, imo, like a part from the mobelwagen (i think from memory?)
B-not pos id either. allan scratched his...and looks damn'd fine imo. and yeah, thats a typical jack he used.
C-i believe allan DID id this one pretty well, can't remember...but think its an american half-track or something (sorry).

as for the thick spring hose...think i used M1 spring from the 1/12 P34 kit. look thru all your 1/12 kits for the thickest spring (thats it). for the thinner black tubing i found the BT44 supply to be the best. if interested, read my photo album for what i used for the translucent.

Yeah, I think I used the thicker spring from a 1/12th Porsche kit I had laying around... same diff. in 1/12th car kits - look for the beefiest spring!

Can't see enough of these. Nice model with loads of kit parts. Did you make the pull yourself and can you quickly make a new one since you say you cut it short?

Good luck with you build!

Marvin

Yes, I did them myself. I already have a second pull and can make more so long as my buck holds out.

Part C came from the Sd Kfz 223 guys. This came about, well it was kinda my fault more like.

In the movie still of the walker, you CAN see a part hanging off the BACK, of what me and Allan felt should be an untrimmed M5A1 fender, i kept seeing this and it was bugging the hell outta me, so Allan came up with this array.

Pretty sure the ILM M5A1 part must have had a clean break in this area, but check out the Chronicles pic, there does seem to be an extra piece during the shoot!

lee

**gonna show my forgetfulness**
scott, whats the long white pieces at the top of our page. the city truck rails are shown at the bottom of our picture -- so whats the other ones?

The long white parts at the top are from the AMT 1/25 Fruehauf Flatbed Trailer. Still available, not too pricey, but still feels like an ouch kit as those are the only parts used for the walker. Has anyone spotted anything else in that kit used for anything else?

About the spring hoses, I got about half of my F1 stuff as incomplete junkers. The others were looked through, and stored away in hard to get to places. :( Thanks for the help.

Lee, are the 223 parts on the rear of the M5A1 confirmed, or is it a best guess? I will check the refs you mentioned again...I followed some of the discussion on some thread, probably Alan's. It amazes me how some of you can spot some of these parts in the blur and make the ID.

It was a best guess Scott, about the closest part available, from a known ATST donor, but there IS something there during filming.

Hoses, yeah sure mine were from the P34, think its two per kit buddy.

lee

if i'm not mistaken i also used those P34 hose for the flexible talon too...so just be careful when you cut (you have a finite supply)

Quincy, im prety sure i used the spring from the MKIII to articulate my toes, sure it comes in that kit too in small supply, so its a bit of a save if you fudge a P34 spring cut.

lee

The P34 also has two pieces of smaller lengths of spring. It looked like the small springs were also in the MKIII. I harvested the springs and took all of the clear and black tube while I was at it from the P34. The black tube looked to be the same as in the BT44. I think I also saw the small lengths of spring in the BT44. I had all three packed in the same box so I looked at them all.

Last edited:
Looks great Scott, I'm gunna have a go at scratching the head but if I struggle I may pester you for a few pulls :thumbsup

Dont know if I'm correct here but I think you may have the VHE-200 dish's, I think you need the VHD-200?

It is a scary amount of parts when they're all laid out like that, especially for such a small model.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back