Episode 7 Stormtrooper Helmet - Yet Another One *Lots o' Pics*

Howdy, folks! It's been a good long while since I've been around(personal stuff I won't get in to) but I'm looking forward to hanging out around here again!

Thought I'd share with you guys the first big project I've worked on since I've started propping again.

The weekend of Celebration when all of the photos of the new Stormtrooper hit, I HAD to have the helmet. So I've collaborated with @amouro to crank out our own. I sent him every photograph I could find and he worked up a 3D render and converted it to pepakura. Once that was built, fiberglass'd/rondo'd and refined, we made an intermediate casting of that from resin that we then went in and added all of the final detail to.

A few W.I.P. pics:
33esh7t.jpg

R0mNcPw.jpg

sf8cNgI.jpg

34j7tz8.jpg

kYEUxCN.jpg

And here's it is before making the final mold:

9ansx3.jpg

w0n9s8.jpg

2vagh21.jpg

And the final product:

2gx45r7.jpg

286y1it.jpg
zmcnf5.jpg

w1tw61.jpg

jsm4pz.jpg

apjiv7.jpg

The final piece is slush cast. All one piece except for the lens, mic tip, and "clips" on the top. Extremely pleased with how it turned out! :)

The master is pepakura?? Insane skills, so sharp and clean . . . looks like it was cnc'd with lasers it's so precise :thumbsup

Can you post a side by side post with one of the Celebration buckets? Firstly, this is the cleanest Ep7 trooper lid I have seen, period. If the general shape lines up with one of the screen used lids, you will have no problem getting interested parties........me included.

Thanks, everyone. Most of the credit goes to amouro. He did all the hard work. My bit was easy compared to his(not to mention the fact he had to deal with my constant nitpicking and "it's not accurate enough" tweaks :p).

Can you post a side by side post with one of the Celebration buckets? Firstly, this is the cleanest Ep7 trooper lid I have seen, period. If the general shape lines up with one of the screen used lids, you will have no problem getting interested parties........me included.
I will try and take some photos later today that match the angles as close as possible to some of the Celebration photos.

It's not perfect. There are several inaccuracies with it, including some of the shape, but overall I think we got pretty close.

I have seen one other new style bucket from EP7 in person besides this bucket and it was a very wonky cast that looked way under sized. but this helmet is absolutely amazing!!! I know I will be getting one if you do a run. Kick Ass work guys! Super Sexy.

A lot of blood sweat and tears went into it. And time. And cursing. And a minor eye injury. But I'm really happy with the final product. And I'm even happier to see that you guys are impressed with our work.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back