Limited Run Eomer's Sword GUTHWINE replica: carbon steel, brass and leather MAGNOLI

Hi Indy!

How is everything going? With the little mis-step will this still be available before August? My friends 30th is then and want to know if i should make other arrangements. Thanks!

The latest I just got from the factory is that the new scabbards are due to be completed in four weeks. This is the first time they've done a scabbard like this and they're working hard matching the blood grooves on the blade to the ridges on the scabbard.

The blade is being tweaked along with the scabbard so they align correctly. Plaque prototype was finished already, but we're working on a different wood coloring. See post #355 for the original version.

Indy, I've gotta feel for all of the people patiently waiting on this project . . . is there any update on the status of the sword and scabbard?

Sure... since we paid 7 months ago for something almost ready to ship, that was updated and supposed to take a other 2-4 weeks. No offense here but its always Nice to have news

I'm going to physically visit the factory in a couple of weeks so I'll have a real sense of what is going on. Besides that, the new blade is done (I'm traveling arty the moment so posting pics is a bit problematic). We're in the home stretch... thanks for all of your patience!!

I just came back from visiting the factory and now have a much better idea of how everything operates. The biggest delay has really been in getting the blade right. Normally, these are all hand-made, but doing the blood-grooves consistently was difficult, so we opted for a custom mold to produce the forged blade. But... the grooves were made a bit thinner, hoping that during polishing and grinding, they would match the original. But, unfortunately, when the new blade was finished, the grooves were still a bit narrower than the original. So, for the sake of accuracy, I requested a new mold to be made, from scratch again as well tweaking a few finer points. I understand these delays are getting annoying, but I really don't want to release a "good enough" product, if we can spend a bit more time and money to get it that much closer to what we want.

So, at this point, we're probably looking at another month to get the new blade finished. Once that is done, we'll make a final prototype for approval and, if all is good (finally), then full production begins immediately and product will start shipping in another 1-2 months.

Kind regards,
Indy

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back