Limited Run Eomer's Sword GUTHWINE replica: carbon steel, brass and leather MAGNOLI

Hey Indy, just received my sword and overall I'm pretty happy with it. Unfortunately it seems my plaque was made wrong. The hole for hanging it on the wall does not at all line up with the front hangers for the sword. I already sent an email to the websites email but figured I would post here as well to let you know and see if anyone else encountered this.
IMG_20210317_090917111.jpg

Yes, best to e-mail us through our website so our customer service team can take care of fixing up any issues with your orders.

I received mine a few days ago, and I have the same issues as mentioned earlier (uneven blade/fuller, leather wrap not glued etc). Mine was also damaged at the tip, since the protective cover had come off. Currently talking with customer service.

Same with mine, uneven fullers on one side, leather wrap on handle had a big crease and the tip of the sword was bent. The cover was still on it but the sword had beaten it's way out and got bent. They should really secure the sword in the package to som kind of board with a zip tie.

My Guthwine sword arrived today and has the same poor QC issues others are experiencing. Poor leather application to scabbard with discoloration, wonky fullers, significant scratch/scuff to one of the horses on the guard, and the blade has a very significant curve to it. It is so curved I will not even attempt to slide it into the scabbard. Unfortunately very disappointing, especially after waiting so long for this. The packaging is also quite inadequate. The box itself barely survived the trip as it is very thin corrugate. I have contacted customer service regarding a return/refund.

Got mine on the wall in a temporary location. I moved into this house about a month before I ordered this, and this spot has been waiting for it this whole time :p My original plan was to locate just the plaque from a UC Herugrim or Eowyn sword, and use it for this. That was before this sword was going to come with a plaque. Of course, in the time since, UC has announced they will release their own version, which will take this spot on the wall once it’s released. For two reasons: 1) this sword really looks its best in the scabbard, simply based on the original design, and how the 2 fit together. This version will be displayed that way, off the wall (I’ve never been big on hanging swords in their scabbards), and 2) obviously, the UC version will fit perfectly here, with a matching plaque. That all being said, the sword looks really nice next to the other 2.
42AB3F12-6E48-4577-B4F4-C0691D5DC847.jpeg

can I check if everyone elses swords have the horse heads line up perfectly no matter which way you put the blade in the sheath?
mine fits far better one way but it still meants that the one side doesnt quite sit as it is supposed to...

Mine also does not line up... but then I do not intend to display the sword inside the scabbard.
They will be hung separately; the misalignment will not be a problem.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back