Envy Thread: Mal's Pistol from Firefly

philippes

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
And here it is complete:

firefly_mal_04_sm.jpg

Here's a project a friend of mine has been working on using all original source material that I helped provide. The side bolts are currently missing, but they'll be added shortly.

This is an all-metal version made with the original base gun and the same bronze castings employed to make the screen-used weapon:

firefly_mal_01_sm.jpg

Nice, eh?

Phil

I thought it was a modern BR blaster (fitting, considering who this discussion was started by), in that there's a modern pistol inside, which is why the curve above the trigger is so odd...there's the smaller pistol frame inside the panels.

The grips look like a S&W Model Two:

http://www.armchairgunshow.com/images/11m2TU45012-46447.jpg

imagine if they'd put custom panels on top of the frame, ala the PKD.

Ditto, I'm no gun expert, but I'd sure be interested in learning more.

That is looking totally sweet. One envious prop fan here.

Originally posted by David Stokes@Jun 12 2005, 08:48 PM
what does one have to do, or whom would one have to bump off to get one of those?
[snapback]1010398[/snapback]​

This is one obsessed man's project. No others like this one are going to be made.

Even the source for the original body castings refuses to make any others, as they're very complex to produce.

Phil

Thanks for the picture, I have wondered what the heck that gun looked like. What are the specs for the hero gun? Was it somehting they fired blanks in, or flash caps? Or, for that matter, they probably could have done digital flashes.

Njc---------------------------

Thanks for the pics - will help to make mine accurate. Can you show the other side? I know those details along the top of the pistol do not mirror the other side the way everyone assumes.

I assume you/your friend knows that there is a mint to be made by selling even static resin copies of this pistol. I would be in for one. And I have about 5 friends who would as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Any LeMats or Jayne pistols?

From a few things I've seen, the other side is like this:

firefly_mal.jpg

Dunno if that is a change made between Firefly and Serenity (since your friend's source shows the parts differ from my pic), or if it's indicative of the stunt pistols... but any way you slice it, your friend's gun is gorgeous.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back