Enterprise poll

I just wanna zoom around in a ship shaped like Spocks head.

But if I had to pick from the above, it would be TMP. As long as that bald woman comes with it :D

I agree, TMP Enterprise is a beautiful ship indeed. I just got the Polar Lights Refit model and I am thrilled at the size and detail. :)

Dave

:D
I just got my refit last saturday and finally forced myself to break the bags open
now this may sound stupid but I am treating this build as a studio scale model I.E
I am building a 4 point armature from aluminum tube mounts are as follows
beneath, port , starboard, and front (the sensor dish must be removed for this option)

I am bending a ring of aluminum for the saucer as well

and I plan to install a complete lighting package I will try to post updates as the build proceeds it could be sometime as I am jam packed with private commissions

charlie

I guess I'm going to be the only one rooting for Galaxy Class...

Such a beautiful design... it's so simplistic yet busy. Gah, those curves...

As long as I never have to see another pic of the Enterprise E, though, I'm cool

Originally posted by Neon Sentry@Aug 13 2005, 10:48 PM
I guess I'm going to be the only one rooting for Galaxy Class...

Such a beautiful design... it's so simplistic yet busy. Gah, those curves...

As long as I never have to see another pic of the Enterprise E, though, I'm cool
[snapback]1056973[/snapback]​

to each his own to me the galaxy class is akin to BBW (big beautiful women)

Aw c'mon now... to me, the E just looks like a big characature of a ship... it doesn't have any weight or pull for me. Like a cartoon Enterprise. I just can't take it seriously, especially when my fav Enterprise had just finished exploding and smashing into a planet just a film earlier

Damn, now I wanna get an EntD kit

TOS, with TMP a VERY close second. When I saw TMP in the theater, I had'nt any idea that the Enterprise had been redesigned. I was shocked and disappointed for a couple of minutes, because I really thought I was going to see the familiar old ship on the big screen, but she grew on me as the camera moved around her, showing how she'd changed. I grew up with the TOS Enterprise, and as the ship that first took me to the stars, she'll always be my favorite, but the refit certainly does her justice.

Viper Pilot..... - out

Okay, I'll be the one to finally say it...

The Original E detailed out along the lines of the Motion Picture E. Those pylons on the TMP version make no sense (they taper away from the load?) and the shape of the nacelles, while elegant-- are just plain art-directed. Give the Original that amazing Ron Gress opalescent panelizing paint job and stick the camera close in to see windows and grilles, vents and docking ports never used in the series-- just added during a minor refit. NOW you've GOT something.

Scott
CaptCBoard@AOL.com

Wow, this is like being asked to chose between your children. Sooooooo, I'd pick the TOS E. No, wait, the TMP. On second thought, I'll take the TOS. Definitely the TOS. But....

Dave C

well thought out A-
but you are thinking withe 20th century knowledge.
250 years from now the laws a physics (stress& fracture) are completely reinvented after all if they can come up with warp speed (faster than light) why not new laws of physics..

:)

current knowledge is so out dated

Now, wait a minute. I thought Scotty said "I canna change the laws of physics".

I know we have "structural integrity fields" in TNG and later series', but I wonder if that was a technology that had been developed yet during the TOS era? I'm sure this technology would be responsible for making possible such "lapses" in accepted engineering techniques, but when you get right down to it, the spindly little pylons that support the warp nacelles on the TOS Enterprise don't seem up to the task either. I don't recall any references to structural integrity fields in TOS, but that does'nt mean anything. There are alot of things I don't recall since I passed 40. Oh well.

Carry on. - Viper Pilot

They also travelled faster than the speed of light, which should have killed them. They didn't explain that. It wasn't until TNG did we receive detailed explanations of the ship's mechanics, including inertial dampeners, which we assume were in use on older starships as well. Why can't structural integrity fields be on the list of old school Trek Tech? They'd need it anyway to support the ship's frame itself when travelling at any given speed

Although I must say, the TOS nacelle pylons look pretty iffy when it's actually in front of you (although I don't know is the Playmates version counts :()

My favorite is the TOS enterprise,I guess its what you grow up with,if I were to do another its the polarlights refit. have to get going on that one. :love

Originally posted by h1rg0n@Sep 15 2005, 07:39 PM
I would have to go with the old school enterprise ....that is....unless you include the enterprise E from the final episode ofST:TNG....(All Good Things)....the 3rd Nacell looks awsome and that kick ass cannon.
[snapback]1077683[/snapback]​

That was still the Enterprise D. It was refit but didn't have a registry change.

Unless it was called the "U.S.S. Enterprise-D-2" ;)

I would build TOS (NCC-1701) -- The original ship WAS THE BEST!!!!!

However i dont have the skills to build such a fine piece of gold so i wouldnt even try
biggrinp.gif

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back