Enterprise Klingon Disruptor

-E-

I got this Enterprise era Klingon disruptor a while back from Sporak and love it. It's made from the hose attachment the originals were made from with the added greebles. I finally got a chance to get it weathered and here are some pics of the results. I used several auction house pics as reference. Some were pretty clean and some were really, really weathered. I went with kind of an in between.

First pic is the before and the rest is after.

Last edited:
So I have a question for you two (or anyone who may know).

I know that the Jet Spray Power Washer wand was used for the base of the gun, is it the identical size of the ENT disruptor kits that are floating around?

I have read about castings coming out slightly larger than the original and I have been debating on buying the sprayer so I can have the satisfaction of casting and sculpting myself a version instead of buying a kit. I'm pretty new at casting and though I will likely practice casting on simpler items, I was thinking that if I snagged an original spray gun, then I would feel more accomplished creating my own replica when I get "around to it". Plus, I belong to a Klingon fan club and I would like to show fellow members how to make their own instead of relying on sellers with inferior casts.

Thanks!

Wow, I really like the diamond/casket shape on the sides harkening back to the tips of the original series Klingon disruptor!

I haven't heard of castings getting larger, that's a good trick!. Typically, casts get smaller as some "fast cast" resins tend to shrink a bit. Then, as things are re-cast, they keep shrinking...

Wow, I really like the diamond/casket shape on the sides harkening back to the tips of the original series Klingon disruptor!

Yeah, I noticed that too and thought it was a good transition design to place on them to tie them to the TOS series.

I haven't heard of castings getting larger, that's a good trick!. Typically, casts get smaller as some "fast cast" resins tend to shrink a bit. Then, as things are re-cast, they keep shrinking...

Doh. My bad, I actually read that it shrinks and was on my way back to correct my statement. Like I said, I'm still new at casting and such. I mainly design and pick up "found" props. Thanks for the clarification though. :thumbsup

Hope someone can help me out here, I have acquired 3 of the original spray guns and want to build them all into replicas of the screen used disruptors, I may even attempt the 'rifle' version with the added stock. What I really need is a firm lead on the origins of the nozzle, it looks to be a milled down drill chuck. I have hunted high and low with no results so far. Does anyone have any insight that they might share with me. Also I need help identifying what the other greeblies are, thanks!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back