Ended auction for ANH Vader helmet

Originally posted by PnatheraGem@Feb 6 2006, 06:36 PM
This auction ended earlier today. I was wondering if anyone could figure out who the maker is? The only thing that struck me was how thick the fiberglass at the bottom vent is. I've seen pics of some of VaderMaker's helmets that are that way. I'm no expert though. Opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1
[snapback]1177758[/snapback]​

I think your guess is correct. Looks like a VaderMaker lid. The tusks are definitely the ones that were supplied with the VM helmets.

Did he make different versions of the ANH helmet? What's the version of his at Jez's site that's pictured with the chest armour? That one looks amazing....

I don't think I'm breaking any rules saying that I still have a chance to buy this one for the next 20 hours or so. It's hard for me to tell from those pics since there's not a straight-on shot.

Thanks for the replys. Now if you can tell me in your opinions where this helmet would rank in the grand scheme of ANH helmets? (Obviously I'm wanting someone to push me one way or the other, only got 14 hours to make up my mind. :D

Whats the difference between certain ANH helmets?? They all look the same to me, what are the tell tale signs from one to the other?

It all boils down to lineage really - some have it, some don't.

And in your case, J, you do. :) (The lid you've got is considered the best outside of the 'chosen few'...)

Originally posted by Cougar@Feb 7 2006, 09:47 PM
Whats the difference between certain ANH helmets?? They all look the same to me, what are the tell tale signs from one to the other?
[snapback]1177933[/snapback]​

WOW...
You know something? you just gave me an epiphany. What you're asking is a simple question but, essentially there are so many different variants to ANH Vader helmets that I'm kind of ashamed to know what they are.
My epiphany is that I'm anal.

I could spend a couple of days typing out what little I know, but I think pictures say a thousand words....

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/vaderfananh.htm

I know it's a cop out, but, as I said I could go on for a couple of hours (reading time, typing time? my typing skills suck, so it'll probably take me a few days to compile with pics etc) The thing is, I know only but a small fraction of a few here on the RPF (I wish they'd write a book, I'd buy it for sure)

Ummm.... I know this doesn't help, but, well, check out the link.

Cheers,

Oh, and as far as buying the helmet goes?

HOT DAMN DUDE... GO FOR IT...

It's a sweet helmet and a great buy :thumbsup

Cheers,

Kraig

Originally posted by yakcam@Feb 7 2006, 07:38 AM
Oh, and as far as buying the helmet goes?

HOT DAMN DUDE... GO FOR IT...

It's a sweet helmet and a great buy :thumbsup

Cheers,

Kraig
[snapback]1177939[/snapback]​

I'm with Kraig on this.

I'm going to own a VM helmet within the next two years. I am saving up bit by bit for one, looks liek you will be able to get this one for a good price.

I had a VM01 and IMO it is the best of the ANH helmets out there if you want one that looks literally like it did "on screen." Graham worked to give it that look rather than a studio prop look. If you have a change to buy it, go for it.

Someone had made a flowchart of their idea of the lineage of fan Vader helmets. I didn't get a chance to review the final version but think it would be interesting to see it again. Of course when you get into the lineage discussion there can be some debate as well ;).

:cheers,

Thomas

Originally posted by PnatheraGem@Feb 7 2006, 02:36 AM
This auction ended earlier today. I was wondering if anyone could figure out who the maker is? The only thing that struck me was how thick the fiberglass at the bottom vent is. I've seen pics of some of VaderMaker's helmets that are that way. I'm no expert though. Opinions?

If you're after absolute screen accuracy it's one of the worst hi-end collectible helmets you could get. All the earlier Vader helmets suffered from a mirror image look to the real helmet. The mouths bend to the left (looking front on) instead of to the right, nose slots angled in the wrong direction and the nail slots on the cheeks are mis-aligned. These are the biggest faults to look for but there are still others I could mention.

For the price though it's still a nice Vader helmet. It all depends on what you're after.

Originally posted by RKW+Feb 7 2006, 10:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RKW @ Feb 7 2006, 10:29 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-PnatheraGem
@Feb 7 2006, 02:36 AM

If you're after absolute screen accuracy it's one of the worst hi-end collectible helmets you could get. All the earlier Vader helmets suffered from a mirror image look to the real helmet. The mouths bend to the left (looking front on) instead of to the right, nose slots angled in the wrong direction and the nail slots on the cheeks are mis-aligned. These are the biggest faults to look for but there are still others I could mention.

For the price though it's still a nice Vader helmet. It all depends on what you're after.
[snapback]1178144[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yes, $550 is hard to beat for any fiberglass Vader helmet, I know.... It would make a nice contrast to my JB V2 I'm sure, which I JUST got. Why couldn't this thing come down the road about 6 months from now? Hehe.

Alright, well it's mine now. Thanks for all your input. I'll let you know more about it and maybe take some better pics when he gets here.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back