Emerald City ComiCon 2013 - Now with Pics!

I'm sure a roped off buffer zone and a well placed sign will ease most worries for next year. If you stand back and zoom don't you get less proportionally distorted pictures anyways? or do you need to be right up for macro...

No idea, Schlitzie. I know my way around cameras and lenses, and I've found some of the best ways to photograph models are with prime (fixed zoom) lenses. 20 - 50mm work wonders and you don't have to get that close. This guy had a giant multi-purpose lens of some kind and no tripod. It was pretty amusing actually, in spite of my snarky comments above. I think a lot of people throw money at photo gear without really knowing how to use it.

It should be noted that I am truly flattered that anyone would go to such lengths to take photos of our models, even if they're still figuring it out. Hovering a heavy-ish flash precariously over someone else's models? Not a good idea. I once dropped a 1-pound, heavy crystal award on one of my delicate 1:72 Viper models while putting things away and was lucky to have only snapped off the top fin. And I'm a fairly seasoned model-builder! :)

We'll address the proximity issues next year for sure. Can't wait to start planning!

I can't remember if they were there last time but I loved seeing the couple of vendors that were selling replicas. I didn't buy anything spendy,but I had to snag a few Warehouse 13 nametags.

Did anyone else fill out the survey online? I said I would have liked to see more prop vendors and exhibitors. It was cool to have eFx there this year showing of screen used costumes.

I should have checked to see if any RPF members were going. I saw a guy in a Batman suit at the ECC and found out that he put it on the costume showoff thread.

Oh cool. I wonder if he was in the costume contest. I saw a few professionally built looking Batman suits.

Here's a few costumes I wish I could un-see ENJOY! heheh:
IMG_1072sized_zpsa66c2717.jpg

IMG_1102sized_zps73b2f8bc.jpg

Also we finally got our pictures back from the NightZero guys:
ECCCNightZerosmallpic_zps93033ec9.jpg

Post your pics if anyone else got their pictures taken by them!

I should have checked to see if any RPF members were going. I saw a guy in a Batman suit at the ECC and found out that he put it on the costume showoff thread.

Last edited:
You gotta pay for an autograph?!....I guess when the actors see the money they like you and wanna take a photo unless that money funds something good like a charity Im fine with that but not to support there lives.

Many celebrities use these events to augment their income in the very up-and-down world of acting. It may not be going to charity, but in some cases, it's going to their mortgage and their kids' college tuition.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back