Electronic help

GreY2231

I need some help. i need to build a circuit with a motor. it needs to spin a certain distance then stop on each button press. kinda like windshield wipers, regardless of when you turn it off they return to the start position but once you hit the button again it repeats. I'm building a Halo 3 Rocket launcher and i want it to spin the 180° upon each button press, this will work side by side with a sound and light system I am building. I have an Arduino but I can't program it myself i was hoping i could do the movement with contact switches anyone have any ideas? Thanx!

Last edited:
This is a pic of a latching relay circuit. The AC source can be replaced with a DC source that both your motor and relay can operate from. The 'solenoid' position is where your motor goes. The start switch is the trigger. A limit switch on the launcher (stop switch) will interrupt the power and reset the circuit. You might have to use two of these circuits. Hope this helps. PS. When the start switch is pressed momentarily, current runs along the lowest wire, around and through the now-closed relay contact, bypassing the start switch, through the relay coil, keeping it energized. The lower relay contact carries the motor power. When the stop switch is pressed the circuit is broken and the relay opens.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/mNVDa.png

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back