EFX TIE Interceptor

He's completely against eFX's offerings

You're wrong about that, I really love the McQuarrie's Darth Vader helmet and I'm really pleased with the MR Falcon which is absolutely awesome. Im just surprised -and disapointed- that the X-Wing was not the ultimate one because of all the references available to eFX. And, I hope I'm wrong cuz I really like the Interceptor, I have the feeling the Interceptor will be from the same boat. If I cant say my opinion about an upcoming efX TIE Interceptor in a eFX Interceptor thread, I dont know where I can.

Well.....

The EFX X-Wing (which I purchased) is definitely at odds with the kit parts used to make the originals. Which, logically, makes one question the accuracy of their scanned fuse. But, never having seen or taken dims from an original filming model, I obviously can't make any claims as to whether the EFX is closer than any GK.

As far as Julien's comments....it's an open forum. I'm sure I'd rather hear criticism first-hand, than delivered behind my back like has been going on with a certain S1 replica that EFX is not involved with.

But, that's just me.

Well i have to agree on the "open forum" thing Allan. Mike, i mean no harm in this, but, it is an open forum, where one can (not literally of course) speak ones mind....and, we have a lot of opinion makers on here, myself included.

I still do not see where Julien trampled on eFX, im sure Barry and the guys are quite capable of ascertaining that, in between badmouthing other people's ongoing projects, but, Jealousy is an ugly green monster with two heads....or faces in this case!

As for the rather tacky comments on Juliens place of birth and residency, well, you lower your tone there buddy, and really do show you have a rather ugly and sad side, i dont see him coming in here, and slating you for being a US citizen in a Studio prop thread...and thats what it is, a Studio prop thread.

As i said, Julien can come of rather brash, but he's not brash, he's very intelligent, knows more about Studio props that you ever could, and he's not been in an LFL Archive in his life...so please, keep it about props and robbers...not berrate somebodies nationality because you need to prove your point!

lee

The TIE interceptor looks like a fighter, it has far more cockpit visibility for the pilot that is for sure! and LOTS of guns. It makes the standard TIE looks like a satellite broadcasting HBO.

Fighting talk, heh, heh. True, the interceptor looks more like a fighter, but it does so in a cheap-shot kinda way to me... I actually like the similarity of the original to a satellite - really makes the audience feel they're up in space, away from planet-bound horizontal movement. And HBO nothing, it's a 'satellite' with a grinning death mask, with what to me as a kid always resembled rotting matter crammed in its mouth (the dashboard) - a bizarre apparition, genuinely creepy... and very cleverly designed in its balance of utility and emotion.

I im sure Barry and the guys are quite capable of ascertaining that, in between badmouthing other people's ongoing projects, but, Jealousy is an ugly green monster with two heads....or faces in this case!lee

Ahhhhhh... NOW I see why you're defending him. You don't like eFX either. Well that solves that.

_Mike

Mike, I'm having trouble parsing your argument that criticism of commercial studio-scale products somehow doesn't belong on the Studio Scale Modeling forum.

The SSM forum is actually one of the few worldwide communities where that kind of discourse has always been welcome.

And before you respond that I don't know what I'm talking about, it's probably only fair to point out that I created this forum.

:lol You know whats funny when EXF or whatever there name is fades away......and you know they will because they all do eventually. I will be at home squeezing my glue building my own SS models!!:lol

So please guys keep jabbing at each other......it's rather funny and damn enjoyable!

Plus the French brought us never heard of talent like Sakis right Julien!!!!LOL

Last edited:
While the TIE Interceptor is really cool. An Interceptor was not flanking Vader in the trench in ANH. It was a couple of HBO satellites. :lol

-DM

Isn't being obsessed with color corrected reds the same as being obsessed with inaccurate dimensions? The quest for perfection is an obsession with all of us at some point. Its very rarely obtained & sometimes is lost in translation but if people dont strive we all end up with Hasbro toys.
I like the fact they are doing the Tie Int & if turns out better than the one I have I'll get it no problem, if it isn't then I wont. As with the X wing I will wish for the best from EFX.

Julien, arrêter choisissant s'il vous plaît sur efx ? Il y a quelques gens ici que ne l'aime pas le cos ils sont payés par efx & pourquoi vous ne m'avez pas dit vous êtes français ? J'ai pensé vous étiez de la Belgique, Plaisantant seulement le camarade.

Well, I've not purchased an X-wing from Efx, but not because it wasn't a nice model. I thought the effort turned out quite nice for what it is. I just didn't see $1200 worth of model for myself, or the level of accuracy I would have hoped for for that price and for something marketed as the most accurate and definitive replica of this piece. It was nice, just not for me.

I do have one of their trooper helmets, and am happy enough with it. Again, not the most accurate helmet out there, but what it lacks in accuracy it makes up for in build quality. For the price, it was worth it to me to snag one. So, depending upon what my eye sees, I may or may not be an EFX customer.

That said, this choice of the TIE Interceptor is a bit of a head scratcher. I would have expected a regular TIE, Vader's TIE, or with ESB coming up perhaps a Slave I, Probe Droid, maybe even an ESB Star Destroyer. That last one may be over-ambitious. Does this particular model have the sort of iconic status as the others?

I'd like to cast my vote for a HIC with working side panel.

And yes, he completely reeks of being French; I knew that way before you told me. Gotta love 'em.

_Mike

Sir,

Your remark regarding this person's nationality is in extremely poor taste. I would never have expected such a remark from a composer as I believe you must be a fairly intelligent person.

It amazes me when people feel safe to make truely rude comments so long as they are behind a keyboard. Would you have made the same remark if he were standing in front of you?

Be a man and apologize for your lack of manners.

Personally, I would like to see you removed from the board for the comment. We do not need your hate here.

Oh, *****! Are we all that thin-skinned today?! Every time someone says something just a little off color that we don't like, we have to call for their banishment to make ourselves feel better? For the love of god! Why don't we all just sit in a circle and talk about our feelings while we're at it? :rolleyes

Sir,

Your remark regarding this person's nationality is in extremely poor taste. I would never have expected such a remark from a composer as I believe you must be a fairly intelligent person.

It amazes me when people feel safe to make truely rude comments so long as they are behind a keyboard. Would you have made the same remark if he were standing in front of you?

Be a man and apologize for your lack of manners.

Personally, I would like to see you removed from the board for the comment. We do not need your hate here.

I am truely with you. That was complete rude. "reeks of being french" ?!?!?

You should now that not everybody who dislikes eFX (for whatever reasons) is an enemy. To each his own.

About the Interceptor: I think it is a good choice, regarding that many people have a standart TIE in kit form. There should be no problem with the paintjob too.
My only concern is the price that i could see in the X-Wing range which is not an option for me as long as there is a great and affordable kit out there.

good news #1: efx is continuing to do studio scale replicas.
good news #2: Allthough, I would have preferred the classic tie and Darth Vader´s tie, I like the inceptor-design and I will go for it.
good news #3: Unlike for red 5, the "reference" for the interceptor is still intact and the weathering is easier to replicate. In my opinion, with the high skills of the efx-team, they can create a great replica.
good news #4: Nobody from efx has mentioned that they are not doing a standard tie or a Darth Vader´s tie in the future. (Or did I missed it?) So that is still possible and becomming more likely with every Star Wars ship they announce.

I am looking forward to the efx tie-interceptor !
YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Oh, *****! Are we all that thin-skinned today?! Every time someone says something just a little off color that we don't like, we have to call for their banishment to make ourselves feel better? For the love of god! Why don't we all just sit in a circle and talk about our feelings while we're at it? :rolleyes

Don't sweat it. First off, I'll bet I know a lot more actual Frenchmen than they do (I work with 14 on a software development team that I can think of off the top of my head, we've known each other and gotten along great for 5 years now, and we talk every single day on MSN) and number two, I'll gladly grant any Italian stereotypes they want to throw out - I can even lend a few if they're stumped. Plus, you can take shots at Americans if you like. Lots of easy targets there. (Fat, for starters.) Three - there is no number three. That's all I can think of. Oh yeah, and I still think they're just cheap shotting eFX, which is easy to do when you haven't actually tried to do mass appeal, mass replication of one of these models.

_Mike

I like your optimism and agree completely!

good news #1: efx is continuing to do studio scale replicas.
good news #2: Allthough, I would have preferred the classic tie and Darth Vader´s tie, I like the inceptor-design and I will go for it.
good news #3: Unlike for red 5, the "reference" for the interceptor is still intact and the weathering is easier to replicate. In my opinion, with the high skills of the efx-team, they can create a great replica.
good news #4: Nobody from efx has mentioned that they are not doing a standard tie or a Darth Vader´s tie in the future. (Or did I missed it?) So that is still possible and becomming more likely with every Star Wars ship they announce.

I am looking forward to the efx tie-interceptor !
YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back