eFX TIE fighter at SDCC

I ordered from Cozmic Toyz. They are in FL, but the tracking says it was picked up in Sun Valley, CA. Assuming they just forwarded my info on for eFX to ship directly. Bryan posted on Rebelscum access to the container was delayed because of the holiday, but he was working on starting to get them out. Estimated delivery is next week 12/4/12 (I'm in NY so it has to go cross country).

*Note - Tracking number intentionally removed from my screengrab :)

My Tie pre-order (Dec 20, 2010) from RedfordFilms has shipped.
Scheduled delivery is next Tuesday 12/4.

Almost 2 years, I hope it's worth the wait. I'm glad I didn't order
through EFX and have the deposit sitting in their hands for the last
2 years.

I find it very interesting that EFX is supplying their retailers with stock in advance of the people who paid EFX a deposit, which has been held for the last 2 years with virtually zero communication.

EFX, when can your customers expect to receive product?

We are trying to be fair to everyone who ordered, regardless if they ordered direct from us or from one of our authorized retailers. Thus, we allocated the first shipment to both our direct customers and retail partners.

The next shipment is expected to depart Asia in the next couple weeks.

Thanks

We are trying to be fair to everyone who ordered, regardless if they ordered direct from us or from one of our authorized retailers. Thus, we allocated the first shipment to both our direct customers and retail partners.

The next shipment is expected to depart Asia in the next couple weeks.

Thanks

Does that also include the European retailers ?

I order directly from EFX and pay a $350 deposit, which has been held for more than two years, now.
'Joe Collector' orders through a retailer and doesn't pay a deposit.
Joe gets the product several weeks, maybe months, before I do.

So, I could have been Joe and kept that $350 in my pocket since fall 2010 and have the TIE in hand today...?

Me and my different definition of "fair" will be adjusting ordering practices, accordingly.

I've seen some great product from EFX, but the customer fulfillment and communication models leave a lot to be desired.

Anyone know how tall this thing is, on it's base?

Got mine today (ordered from eFX 10/18/2010 @ 12:09:59 PM).

From the table the base is sitting on, to the top of the solar panels, it stands 20 3/4 inches tall (includes the height of the base). The base is just over 17 inches wide (by a mm or 2) and is 18 inches deep.

Last edited:
My initial opinion is that the TIE looks great.
I like that the engine lights are battery powered so there is no cord.
It also spins freely on the post, so it is easy to turn around without moving the base.

The only criticism I have noticed is that a lot of light bleeds through the paint around the engines. Red light glows through the paint for the entire length of the little engine tubes, right up to were they contact the main ball. Mine is displayed with the rear toward a wall, so I won't be looking at it much, but it is a little disappointing.
With all the cockpit and engine light bleed on my eFX X-Wing, I was hoping that they would have done a better job of light shielding this time around.

Overall, I really like the TIE.

Got mine today (ordered from eFX 10/18/2010 @ 12:09:59 PM).

From the table the base is sitting on, to the top of the solar panels, it stands 20 3/4 inches tall (includes the height of the base). The base is just over 17 inches wide (by a mm or 2) and is 18 inches deep.

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. :)

My initial opinion is that the TIE looks great.
The only criticism I have noticed is that a lot of light bleeds through the paint around the engines. Red light glows through the paint for the entire length of the little engine tubes, right up to were they contact the main ball.

Could you make a pic from that?

Nice to see that all those Tie's get shipped now and as it seems arrived undamaged.

Could you make a pic from that?

Nice to see that all those Tie's get shipped now and as it seems arrived undamaged.

Here are two pics, one with flash, the other without.

se1Bh.jpg

cuJmE.jpg

What a shame to drop the ball on what looks like an amazing replica, although I dont have one on order from what I've seen I would get one at a drop of a hat.

The light bleed is very school boy especially as they spent so long refining it but it wouldn't be a true studio scale replica without something to gripe at, Shame though.

Indeed it looks like something that could have been easily fixed. Anyway the TIE looks really great and glad they are arriving in excellent shape. Can't wait to get mine. There is some hope for eFX after all this bad karma for them...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back