EFX Mandalorian Helmet Season 2

I guess I should count myself lucky. No wonky mohawk lines, no asymmetric mandibles or alignment issues.

The big grief I have with mine is that one of the ears wasn’t finished very well.

9C1F7763-C039-4760-BAE7-2D3B20CBC01B.jpeg

CC3CFFFB-EEC9-4C94-A4ED-41A56C1CB67B.jpeg

56CC9B8C-EC61-4DA5-B30D-05C1AEFC7921.jpeg

66D56528-9CAE-4E44-97C2-10026DC8455C.jpeg

I’m curious to know if anyone exchanging thier helmets have been able to do so? I was asked to wait a few weeks while the replacement shipment arrives. Since then, nothing but silence and it has been over a month. I have sent a few emails to EFX without any reply.

I usually send emails to Bryan and he’s personally helped me replace my damaged Fett chrome helmet. It took about 2 weeks for my replacement to arrive including shipping from CA to FL.

I usually send emails to Bryan and he’s personally helped me replace my damaged Fett chrome helmet. It took about 2 weeks for my replacement to arrive including shipping from CA to FL.
Is there any way of getting his email? The only email I can find is the customer service address which never brings a response.

Sideshow now has a ship date of May-June.
Here’s the info on the product page
  • Full Scale 1:1 Prop Replica
  • Master patterns cast from the molds used to make the screen-used helmets
  • High Quality, injection-molded ABS
  • Machined Aluminum "Ears" and back grating
  • Screen accurate paint and hand-painted weathering utilizing actual paint samples from the original prop
If it’s anything like the PCR Fett it should be a nice piece.

Sideshow now has a ship date of May-June.
Here’s the info on the product page
  • Full Scale 1:1 Prop Replica
  • Master patterns cast from the molds used to make the screen-used helmets
  • High Quality, injection-molded ABS
  • Machined Aluminum "Ears" and back grating
  • Screen accurate paint and hand-painted weathering utilizing actual paint samples from the original prop
If it’s anything like the PCR Fett it should be a nice piece.
Have we seen any actual pictures of it? I know some people were saying the old runs were a bad molding/casting. Does it look like it's improved at all? The pics on the listing look phenomenal but I'm pretty sure they're the same ones they used in the old listings, right?

It will be a completely different mold. Same source material but the molding and casting process is completely different.
Abs is injection molded into metal molds as opposed to fiberglass which will be hand laid up.
The ABS will be more precise but the prototype images show the ears being too thick. But that is the prototype.

It will be a completely different mold. Same source material but the molding and casting process is completely different.
Abs is injection molded into metal molds as opposed to fiberglass which will be hand laid up.
The ABS will be more precise but the prototype images show the ears being too thick. But that is the prototype.
New mold but same lineage source? So this one, shape-wise at least, should be the most accurate?

And yeah, regarding the ears it says they're machined out of aluminum. Did they do that for the last run? I wonder where they got the idea to do that. I know OT Fett's ears were aluminum, but are Mandos IRL? Not that I'm complaining, metal Mando is pretty badass.

Yes they would have created molds from a copy of their master. It is hard to explain. As far as the ears... no I highly doubt they were metal. There was no need to be. The reason these ones would be metal though is so they can be screwed to the main helmet. Plastic would be much more prone to stripping. Metal not so much.
If the helmet looks good I will most likely swap the ears out. I personally don't like the metal ears on my Boba helmet.

Well, here is the PCR helmet...

Unfortunately it seems they kept the weird color of the ears from the season 1 helmet and the sculpt of the ears is completely wrong like the promo photos of it.

FB_IMG_1653866794540.jpg

From Facebook, not my photos.
FB_IMG_1653867205720.jpgFB_IMG_1653867191148.jpgFB_IMG_1653867183692.jpgFB_IMG_1653867178468.jpg

I’ve been pondering cancelling my preorder with Sideshow for a while and putting the cash towards another RS helmet. These pics might clinch the decision…

Well, here is the PCR helmet...

Unfortunately it seems they kept the weird color of the ears from the season 1 helmet and the sculpt of the ears is completely wrong like the promo photos of it.

View attachment 1580784

From Facebook, not my photos.
View attachment 1580786View attachment 1580787View attachment 1580788View attachment 1580789
What's wrong with the ear sculpt? I see that they're not painted correctly but that doesn't really bother nor surprise me. From their past reputation I was planning on repainting it anyways. Just looking for a strong and sharp lineage sculpt.

What's wrong with the ear sculpt? I see that they're not painted correctly but that doesn't really bother nor surprise me. From their past reputation I was planning on repainting it anyways. Just looking for a strong and sharp lineage sculpt.
They're a completely different sculpt than the fiberglass helmet versions or the real helmet.
Look at how thick the entire edge is.

FB_IMG_1653869706294__01.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back