EFX Mandalorian Helmet Season 2

I´m also not a fan of this extreme wet shiny look.Thats why the Anovos looks like painted with carpaint and not real metal.
I think the new EFX version looks the same.I´m happy that I got a good one from the first release.
But we must see more and better pics of the new helmets.

Many I think will have to make a choice of either keeping both or selling one. All depends on what condition the helmet arrives in you know quality control has always been an issue.

Picture from eBay:

s-l1600.jpg

The painting on that ebay listing looks much more like the Anovos paintjob. The ears and back vent don't have the warm color of the first efx run. It looks like they used the main color on the slanted parts of the ears. The main color looks grainy and glossy.

The grainy metallic flakes in the paint and high gloss coat does make it look much more like the Anovos. This looks just like my gray car.

I was just looking at this one on ebay. The black airbrushing next to the mohawk is so uneven. Looks like the groove in the mohawk can be uneven as well. It gets really thin, almost disappearing in a couple spots. I'm now sure if that's a casting flaw or the paint and clear coat filled it in.

Screenshot_20220122-211431.jpgScreenshot_20220122-211453.jpg

I was just looking at this one on ebay. The black airbrushing next to the mohawk is so uneven. Looks like the groove in the mohawk can be uneven as well. It gets really thin, almost disappearing in a couple spots. I'm now sure if that's a casting flaw or the paint and clear coat filled it in.

View attachment 1537174View attachment 1537175
The first efx version had inconsistency in the mohawk lines. They varied from helmet to helmet.

The below thread has lots of discussion about the first release including the inconsistency.
Chronicle / Efx Mandalorian prop replicas

Obviously it remains to be seen but I wouldn't be surprised if the efx pcr version will be more consistent because of how it is made. Hopefully there doesn't need to be any modifications to allow for making it with plastic. The Black Series helmet had a few modifications, but that was a much lower price point.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back