EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

Is there a good comparison of the efx and Quasi ANH Vaders? Can anyone elaborate on the differences?
Diifficult to explain without seeing both side by side in the flesh, but there is a substantial difference. Kind of like one is alive and the other is lifeless. Obviously paint and attention to detail has a hell of a lot to do with it. The EFX just doesn't have that detail needed to bring the helmet to life.

Oh, man... What I don't know about the Vader lid fills every thread on the forum. If I start searching to determine what these acronyms mean I have a feeling I'll fall down a rabbit hole I may never get out of... :behave

The rabbit hole goes deep. LOL I was all for ordering a Quasi V2, then went on a 7 month cram session learning everything I could about Vader helmets out there - from licensed to fan made, and my search steered me in a new direction. My new direction doesn't diminish my appreciation for the Quasi and Ugly, but I only have so much $$$ to invest in this hobby. :)

And like Sean said, if you get an opportunity to get one of the authentic cast helmets, jump on it without hesitation, accept the gentleman's agreement, and above all, honor the gentleman's agreement.

Seriously Mark, this is just gorgeous. This is why I love the hobby, and wish people could confidently share - though I'm learning to understand why they don't. Even if I don't own a particular lid, I love seeing the photos people post. These things are a true work of art - from fan sculpted to fan authentic casts. :)

Thanks for sharing. ...and you lucky bastage you... :) Hoping I can wrangle up a TD some day.

Last edited:
The rabbit hole goes deep. LOL I was all for ordering a Quasi V2, then went on a 7 month cram session learning everything I could about Vader helmets out there - from licensed to fan made, and my search steered me in a new direction. My new direction doesn't diminish my appreciation for the Quasi and Ugly, but I only have so much $$$ to invest in this hobby. :)

And like Sean said, if you get an opportunity to get one of the authentic cast helmets, jump on it without hesitation, accept the gentleman's agreement, and above all, honor the gentleman's agreement.

Same thing for me. I was going to go all in and get a quasi esb but I had recently gotten some other star wars props and iron man props so i needed to cut back on my spending which meant downgrading from a quasi esb to a darth ugly esb. I know I will still be happy with a darth ugly and who knows, maybe some day I will get a quasi rotj.

... ok... so I'm gonna' have to do a bunch of research about what the big issue is here or should I just take a shot and say that... nobody has done an eFX pull due to the obvious ramifications... don't ban me, please... :/

Bookface - well said! The "rivet counters" get so wrapped up in pointing out all the (perceived) flaws in a piece that they loose site of the art and soul of it. It's like looking at the painting of the Mona Lisa and thinking "a photograph of her would have been better".

I'm of the different mindset. When the rivets (details) are entirely missing, yes. Much of the soul is gone.

Also don't think the Mona Lisa comparison of a "painting to a photograph" is accurate. ...but this most definitely is...

mona-lisa_2126065b.jpg

When you see the texture of the real painting, you miss it when it's cleaned up or someone attempts to repaint the portrait. All of that texture is part of the charm. ...so yeah. Same with the ANH Vader. :)

... ok... so I'm gonna' have to do a bunch of research about what the big issue is here or should I just take a shot and say that... nobody has done an eFX pull due to the obvious ramifications... don't ban me, please... :/

Careful. I made a joke about a recasting on the Prop Den, and got called on it. Rightly so. It's definitely a touchy subject.
If you want dig down the rabbit hole, here's a pretty good place to start...

http://thepropden.aokforums.com/the-tm-anh-facemask-and-the-c-scar-vt3568.html

And if that's not enough to keep you busy for a few weeks, there's this...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=152345

Also - "google images" is your friend. SL, TD, TM, DJ, VP... All offer something a bit unique, but all are just insanely excellent examples of fan made faceplates and full helmets.

I too am wondering when the coveted SE edition of this helmet will be available or if it will be available at all. I keep wondering if I should just get one off of Ebay after all. I have been trying to wait but this long wait is KILLER!

What are you guys using to display your helmets? It looks like you need a 14.5" or 15" stand to make it stand upright...

What are you guys using to display your helmets? It looks like you need a 14.5" or 15" stand to make it stand upright...

I ran into bed bath and beyond looking for a paper towel holder, but didn't like any in stock and then I saw this toilet paper holder:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...-steel-chrome/1018028751?Keyword=toilet+paper

I got the stainless steel finish. Looks pretty good in my opinion

IMG954464.jpg

I ran into bed bath and beyond looking for a paper towel holder, but didn't like any in stock and then I saw this toilet paper holder:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...-steel-chrome/1018028751?Keyword=toilet+paper

I got the stainless steel finish. Looks pretty good in my opinion

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/DFones/IMG954464.jpg

Looks great! That's exactly what I need to do. May just take some measurements off of one and cut my own out of wood, route the edge and slap some primer/paint on it.

Got my PCR yesterday and I'm blown away by it. Definitely glad I picked this up...I can't see why they wouldn't issue the SE even with all the let downs they have created, The only difference is the paint scheme right?
I'd say you'd probably be better off to just buy one of these and paint it yourself though.

Got a pic with a lid on it? Wondering if it lets you have any room to move the helmet around a bit...

That might be perfect. Thanks! I'm trying to get my helmet on a stand in a 15" space so that could be the solution. Got any pictures of your helmet on that stand?

Oh... about 350 pictures of this helmet on that stand and counting!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskxgpwvU

I think in almost all of these i have the dome ring removed. So this should be the lowest height you could get with this stand.

The back of the dome hitting the surface of whatever surface the stand is on would limit how far back you could tilt it.

But you can tilt the mask forward and rest the bottom front edge of the mask against the inside of the black part of the base of the stand, to maintain that pose.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back