EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

I'd like to think they at least glued them together before attaching the midstrip over the join!

Haven't tried to really pull on it, but the dome feels rather solid and sturdy. Studying mine it looks like one piece, though I can tell one side has a sharper line vs the tiny contour on the side with the strip made to it. I too would imagine it's glued together.

2016-06-13-SWVillains.JPG

I went ahead and picked one up myself, it's pretty sweet. I never wanted to pick up one of the ridiculously high end Vader helmets, but overall it's pretty nice. I need to get some stands for the helmets though so they aren't just sitting on the desk. One question though, one of the tusks has some paint on it. I'm guessing that's a mistake, they are supposed to be just metal with no black paint right? I'm not that familiar with all the ins and outs of accurate Vader stuff.

A question regarding construction. Are these two halves of the dome just held on with strong tape?

No... I'm not going to peel the tape up to see but all the pieces have claws and recesses (I'm sure there's a technical term for it) for tabs to click into place. It's comparable to the PCR stormie...

My helmet creaks and pops a lot when i pick it up and hold it, the sound originating mostly along the tubes. Is this typical, or do i need remove the tape from inside the mask behind the tubes to see whats going on?

I received mine this week and I couldn't be happier. I have one of Stones trooping buckets but this may take its place for trooping in.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry if this is a dumb question or if I missed it somewhere- but what is the difference between these and the Vader helmets released a few years ago that cost over twice as much- these are injection molded and the others are fiberglass? Or what?

Sean

Sorry if this is a dumb question or if I missed it somewhere- but what is the difference between these and the Vader helmets released a few years ago that cost over twice as much- these are injection molded and the others are fiberglass? Or what?

Sean

The older EFX helmets known as Limited Edition and Legend were made of fiberglass indeed, just like the screen used. They were limited editions (1000 LE and 364 Legend), and are more accurate than the ABS open edition ones, though still idealized. They also come with stand, metal plaque with edition number and COA.

The older EFX helmets known as Limited Edition and Legend were made of fiberglass indeed, just like the screen used. They were limited editions (1000 LE and 364 Legend), and are more accurate than the ABS open edition ones, though still idealized. They also come with stand, metal plaque with edition number and COA.

& I think (even though they are heavier) the Limited Edition & Legends are more comfortable when worn.

Amazing morning today :) Wake up to an Email from eFX asking me to confirm my address for my Darth Vader helmet and that it will be shipping next week to Canada. Super excited :D

Did eFX ever mention they were producing these cheaper helmets back when they sold the original fiberglass ones? Would have been nice for eFX to tell people that they were eventually going to release a cheaper injection molded helmet. I'd imagine this might impact value of those fiberglass helmets a bit, at least to the casual collector.

Sean

Did eFX ever mention they were producing these cheaper helmets back when they sold the original fiberglass ones? Would have been nice for eFX to tell people that they were eventually going to release a cheaper injection molded helmet. I'd imagine this might impact value of those fiberglass helmets a bit, at least to the casual collector.

Sean

The casual collector is not going to shell out over a grand for a helmet. I don't think the PCRs will hurt the fiberglass prices one iota. They will still command a high price.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back