EFNY Guns and Accessories

Sigma-LS

Sr Member
So I figured with the other Plissken threads this would be a good opportunity to make a separate one for some of the other iconic pieces of the film. I know a lot of repeat information is here but I hope to have it at least condensed a bit for other new folks coming in and looking for resources like you guys have already so wonderfully done with the pants and boots.

Thanks to the member here who made this a couple of years ago.

EFNYWeapons.jpg

So for the first gun the classic Mac 10 with custom silencer and scope.

snakeplisskenmachinegunprop.jpg

There are some fancy airsofts made like the Tokyo Marui all metal Mac 10 kit but I've been looking at a cheap spring gun since the silencer is going to have to be modded anyhow. Plus I can't really justify spending $300 on a model when I can get a real one for $500. The problem is many vendors don't bother to label if it is really scaled as a true Mac 10 or the M11A1 and the size difference is pretty significant.

tm-aeg-mac10_7_mark.jpg

What I am really needing help on here is an ID of the scope and the universal scope mount attached to the silencer.

Pronghorn scope? Definitely some kind of long eye relief scope that far forward.

Snake's sidearm is the Smith and Wesson model 67 with a scope attached.

In this case I've found a beautiful all metal airsoft for $100 with real ejecting brass case shells of the Model 60. It's not exactly the same but dang close with different rear sights, a slightly larger cylinder, and a very slightly different grip. It's called the Marushin Smith and Wesson 3" Chief Special.

Real model 67

300px-SWM67.jpg

The Marushin

MSH-GAS-M60X8-SV-3IN_2_MARK.jpg

MSH-GAS-M60X8-SV-3IN_5_MARK.jpg

MSH-GAS-M60X8-SV-3IN_6_MARK.jpg

Again I need info on the scope mount and scope. There are a number of passable old pistol scopes but a hard ID would be fantastic. No clue what the mount is though and some drilling will probably be required to mount it on the replica gun.

I´d say they used an old 4x32 scope, probably a bushnell or a telstar (whichs front bell is closer in size/ shape IMHO)

Markus

Last edited:
I think the mounts/rings used on the scopes for both the smith and the mac are weavers, but they could be modified or custom made too.

Found something that could make a good temp stand-in for $14. The scope is similar and it seems to be built off a S&W frame.

s7_632429_999_01.jpg

Figured I'd post here with my progress on weapons. Using the Cabella's gun and a spring airsoft Mac 11, because I want to ease into this costume. Already going to be sinking about $400 in with the boots, pants, and shirt. So far I've only spent $45 on the guns so I'm pretty happy, especially considering I'd have to blow $300 just to get a base Mac 10 replica.

I think the Mac could use another black wash but it still works! Fun to plink at stuff with it.

IMG_5331.jpg

IMG_5322.jpg

IMG_5325.jpg

Just wanted to go AAAAAHHHHH!

Had everything all nice and painted and screwed up the clear coat on my pistol. I think it was just old paint in the can (about 2 years old). I had used the fancy chrome paint on it and everything. Really hoping Simple Green does the job of stripping it back down without eating it or the putty work.

IMG_5339.jpg

Also almost finished the Mac. Had to use a smaller air rifle scope because it still functions. I don't want to wreck a regular rifle scope since they are reinforced for recoil from the opposite direction..

At least I didn't mess that up.

All in all, the accuracy is not terrible for $50 for both guns and parts put together. You can still plink with the Mac and the S&W has a working cylinder that revolves when you fire it.

IMG_5343.jpg

I don't have a hard ID on the real one. Did get some comments in the thread though.
I´d say they used an old 4x32 scope, probably a bushnell or a telstar (whichs front bell is closer in size/ shape IMHO)

Markus

I think the mounts/rings used on the scopes for both the smith and the mac are weavers, but they could be modified or custom made too.

I just used a $5 air rifle Crossman on mine. I'm using a Mac 11 anyhow so the real deal would be too big unless I get a Marui or something for a proper Mac 10 replica.

I just can't stomach paying $300 for an electric gun at this point when I could get a real Mac 10 Semi-auto for $420.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back