Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

Re: Echo Station 57, we're on our way....slowly

Well Nick,
I wish i could get off ya list ta make ya life just that little much easier.
But theres not a chance in hell mate.:lol
Wow you have been busy,those first castings looks real good and all you've done is wet my appetite for one of these even more!
Good stuff there and thanks for the update on where you are at with it now.
You're doing a great job!:cool
Can't wait!!:)

Phil

Hi,

I haven't nailed a final, final price yet. It was around the $370 mark plus shipping ( though I'm trying to keep the weight as low as I can)

I have to do a final tally of costs based on the proposed number of units I hope to shift, plus take into account how much the proposed decals will be which I have no clue about yet. I'm expecting it to end up around the $380-390 mark at most. I think for something this big with two pilots and 4 moveable airflaps that's a fair price point. Hope you guys agree?

Nick

Nick,I don't remember,but what was the estimated,adjusted price of this little gem?

I agree too! Very fair price for such a fantastic piece. And remember... I need 3 of these beasts. Thanks!!

Clay

Hi,

I haven't nailed a final, final price yet. It was around the $370 mark plus shipping ( though I'm trying to keep the weight as low as I can)

I have to do a final tally of costs based on the proposed number of units I hope to shift, plus take into account how much the proposed decals will be which I have no clue about yet. I'm expecting it to end up around the $380-390 mark at most. I think for something this big with two pilots and 4 moveable airflaps that's a fair price point. Hope you guys agree?

Nick
I agree totally, Nick. I´m glad to be on that list.
Keep up the god work!! :thumbsup

Br, Nils

That price sounds very reasonable.

And I'm in for just one.

Wow. What an honor. :)

Glad I'm in the ballpark re costs. Needless to say I haven't charged on all my time on this or it would be alot more! - as long as I'm doing this stuff on top of other work rather than trying to gain a living wage from it I can afford to subsidise things a bit. Downside is that it takes a whole lot longer as it needs to be done in spare time etc.

Anyway, I'll confirm final costs once I've cast up a full kit and got the decals nailed.

Stay tuned...for casting updates :)

As always, you generosity with the project is wildly appreciated. I'm sure I speak for many when I say, I have the utmost respect and admiration for your talent, kit and professionalism.

Thank you for your kind words, very much appreciated. I just hope I don't let you guys down at the last hurdle...got a fair bit more to sort before I'm finished.

N

As always, you generosity with the project is wildly appreciated. I'm sure I speak for many when I say, I have the utmost respect and admiration for your talent, kit and professionalism.

:eek :confused:thumbsup :confused:thumbsup :confused:thumbsup :confused:thumbsup :confused:thumbsup :confused:thumbsup :confused:thumbsup :confused:thumbsup :confused:thumbsup :confused:thumbsup :confused:thumbsup :confused:thumbsup :confused:thumbsup
wish i was lucky...and be able to get this.....

Hi,

Just a quick couple of pics to show a few more test casts. I'm just shooting some resin into the moulds to see where the bugs are and get a feel for how much hand working the resin needs to get the air bubbles worked out etc. I'll have some more moulds ready to test in the next week or so.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/Gort_99/T-47 Studio Scale/Cockpit_test_casts.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/Gort_99/T-47 Studio Scale/Gun_misc_tests.jpg

Very nice, you have exceptional talent sir. Take your time, don't rush it...we'll wait. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back