Eaglemoss 2 foot Enterprise D

I have received no new pieces since early December due to a worldwide shortage on my next stage. I just noticed a shipment today so hopefully by March the next stage will come in. Since then I received a poster premium and a new pair of shuttles. They also release another 2 pair of shuttles which I told them to keep. I don't need 6 shuttles lol.

Last edited:
I've decided to bail on this piece. The poor fit of a lot of the panel seams, issues with light leaks (most of which I fixed, but still, there are tons to deal with), the lack of an option for using AC power (the number of batteries and difficulty in changing them out is just bonkers), crazy overengineering, bad decisions about lighting design with the use of all of these bulbs instead of LED light strips, plus the parts delays have made me realize I'm not going to be happy with this kit after all of the time and money investment so it's best to cut my losses now. For those who are continuing, good luck and I hope you get a model you're happy with.

I've decided to bail on this piece. The poor fit of a lot of the panel seams, issues with light leaks (most of which I fixed, but still, there are tons to deal with), the lack of an option for using AC power (the number of batteries and difficulty in changing them out is just bonkers), crazy overengineering, bad decisions about lighting design with the use of all of these bulbs instead of LED light strips, plus the parts delays have made me realize I'm not going to be happy with this kit after all of the time and money investment so it's best to cut my losses now. For those who are continuing, good luck and I hope you get a model you're happy with.
It's no Master Replicas Enterprise indeed but it is what it is. It's a model kit... Wayne has now posted a video on his redo and wow is that going to be a labor of love that is really going to be something. He is going his own way with his electronics and stripping the reflective silver surfaces and filling in the portholes with resin..... He is on a different level. Warts and all I'm sticking with it.

is Wayne's video.

Last edited:
Hey, no shade intended. I hope you enjoy it. I watched Wayne's redo video yesterday and while I think he'll end up with a superb model, there's no way I'm going to basically re-engineer that kit for the price. I sincerely hope you enjoy it! I just know from where things were heading that I was never going to be happy with the end result.

Hey, no shade intended. I hope you enjoy it. I watched Wayne's redo video yesterday and while I think he'll end up with a superb model, there's no way I'm going to basically re-engineer that kit for the price. I sincerely hope you enjoy it! I just know from where things were heading that I was never going to be happy with the end result.
I hear you... When I sandwiched the cobra neck together ..... I came too the well... it's a model conclusion. Not super thrilled with the fitment in areas, the light bleed but there is nothing like it in that size at the moment. So all in I guess. Unless a QMX D model shows up on EBay but that would be way out of my price point as well. Even the metal model that was in the Star Trek the experience store had its issues as well with visible neck screws and all.

Last edited:
I carefully scrutinized the promo videos and still shots of this kit and was convinced then that I would not be happy with the end result... so Did not sign on... I have also watched several build-along youtubes including Waynes... and it has reinforced my opinion. Eaglemoss has created a kit that is super cool - but also over engineered, seemingly with the point of increasing the part count to ridiculous levels. A simpler model would have less seems and light-leaks, and an increased quality of the end result. While I applaud them for the quality of the pre-painted exterior parts, and getting most of the details pretty well nailed down... the overly complicated parts breakdown adds seams where the should be none, and makes perfect alignment of all the hull panels really difficult. Hopefully they will learn from this on whatever their next part kit will be (assuming that they make enough money on this one). I REALLY wanted to love this kit. and while I'm sure the final result will still be cool - it wont be cool enough for my money IMHO.

Jedi Dade

So my next issue came in today. More than a two month delay along with a beat up triangle box open at all ends and this "fantastic" vinyl thing was inside AND..... apparently all the poles were missing... and after looking at this video I am missing a binder I was supposed to get with the last phase. I bought the delux stand and wow is this stand they just sent after looking online a real POS. Watch the video from another builder if you dare.

CB9FF7E1-1FD7-46A4-A1A0-F93FDEF0612A.jpeg
86923D3B-BC10-4DFE-9BBB-383E2F25586B.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok my list of problem with Eaglemoss are growing

1st I just received issue 14. Along with a display stand vinyl and no poles. As the corners of the triangle box are opened I assume they fell out during shipment. Honestly I really don't care as from what I see online the display is cheap and craptastic and I ordered the mirrored base display already.

2nd I have not received my second binder that should have come with issue 12 or 13 as of now I have loose booklets and no binder to put them in.

3rd I called Eaglemoss yesterday early afternoon and spoke to a lady in customer support and then she transferred me to fulfillment which kept me on hold and after 15 mins sent me to voicemail allowing me to leave a message. I still haven't received a call back.

I received an email from Eaglemoss stating they are sending me another display I actually asked them to refund the money as it's a POS and I was a premium member who ordered the mirror lighted display. No reply to that request. As to the binders they said they made a mistake and correcting that and the binders are now $10 a piece how many do you need. Seriously WTF.

Bottom line I'm sticking with it but this is my last subscription build ANYTHING. GC

Last edited:
Stage 14 completed. A 2 month wait for these parts and more upper hull work and it's almost complete upper saucer section wise and some underside of the nacelle work. I received my new binders yesterday. AFTER I paid for them. Replacement stand has not showed up yet. Bridge section is just laid on top and not secured yet. I believe that occurs with Stage 15 with yet another PCB yet to be installed. I received a call back from Eaglemoss about 6 days after I left them a voice mail. They communicate better with emails.

E8B3B05D-04BE-4AB6-AEA7-2DF36BDC536B.jpeg
A9499630-430A-4D38-A13C-42EADA64313F.jpeg

Last edited:
Stage 15 and 16 completed as parts APPEAR to be shipping again. FINALLY the upper saucer section is done and progress has started on the underside of the saucer section. One warp nacelle is finally done and the dorsal skeleton for the battle hull arrived to have the 5th PCB aboard installed. Rear impulse engines are installed and the saucer section marking LEDs are loose but plugged in. The Saucer section is becoming very heavy and I too want to know how the 4 plastic mounts from the cobra head are going to support it. I don't have the two button batteries to light the nacelle yet however you can now see where the battery placement is along with the switch. I still have not seen the replacement stand.
6FE45210-5573-4795-8D67-2C6374EC83D2.jpeg
67308791-637E-4934-A66C-7B704E5B2F8B.jpeg
680DCC91-5352-4747-B721-13BC4EC7269D.jpeg
924AFEC6-DFC6-47D7-8637-FA84F779F906.jpeg
C9A126B4-E3AB-4355-8E3B-1B785F0C22DF.jpeg

Last edited:
Stage 17 complete. It appears parts are starting to ship again. Not much to show but I finally picked up the batteries so you can see a finished nacelle lighted. Only two more underside hull pieces installed in this kit and the hull skeleton for the nacelle sub structure. Still no replacement stand but I emailed and called customer support for a reshipment. They say it will come with the next order but I am not holding my breath. GC
2B929F8C-3F57-4BC7-857B-9379FAA4ECD6.jpeg
A6A72C17-371C-4547-80B1-02652754098C.jpeg
F64FB070-DEE0-4910-847C-B5FA1A1281E7.jpeg

Stage 18 complete. A couple of more hull panels on the underside of the saucer section and 2 more pieces of saucer window edges treatment installed. The rear dorsal nacelle support structure ends are now done. The upper skin nacellle support structure is just laid on top of for picture value only. It's slowly coming together. Each binder holds 11 stages so binder 2 will be filled in another four stages. This kit requires 3 binders so I must be past the half way point now. GC
420DC09C-2530-4E13-A818-CB2C6B421656.jpeg
739C1482-7C94-4111-BCF5-CCFF59581F2C.jpeg

This will be my Final update until the fate of Eaglemoss is decided. So much for a 30 plus year old company that I hope somebody will take over and continue. However to be honest I would not take that bet. I fully expect them to go in Bankruptcy and this will end anybodies part work project no matter where they are in the build. If I ever consider something like this in the future ....I won't order it unless they have every part on hand BEFORE the sale. So here is what Stage 19 and the 65% point looks like. I am completely out of parts at this point.
15A56744-816E-4B13-937D-E3DB7DE05D03.jpeg
892BA5DA-9B80-4104-B006-2024CC867775.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back