Question E-mail from the-rpf?

Plane Crazy

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Wondering if I missed something, I just had a couple of messages from admin@the-rpf . Com. Is this from the official site?? :confused

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. Were they allowed to keep all the old info as well? It appears that all of the database is back on that site? I was under the impression that it was all to be removed.

Yup, friend of mine who visits here got one of those, I clicked the link....It's spring, you think the Ice on the RPF logo would have melted by now.

Do NOT click on any links in a message from the-rpf.com!

The hacker might try to hijack your pc. You should definitely use a virus-scanner and anti-malware to check if your system has not been compromised.

But since you already did, what did the email say?

Michael
RPF staff

He's trying to rebuild a selfsustaining user base in the hope of resurrecting some revenue. I really must get over there and assist him to fail some more. Have had a week or two off, dunno if OB has been at it.

Anyway, this is more evidence, as if any was needed, that he got very very lucky to bag what he bagged in his Gmail exploit. He's not got the skills to steal forums every day so he's clinging to his biggest score.

Well mate I've had a bloody good evening involving a fair quantity of Stone's alcoholic ginger beer and some jaw-dropping parts from Shapeways for my USS Cygnus build, so I may just go take my good mood out on Viktor... :lol

Bah, see what you mean. Still handsfuls only, but yeah, sorted a few folk out. Honestly not sure it is worth it, the posting level is so low...you'd almost HAVE to figure it out on your own! :D

Do NOT click on any links in a message from the-rpf.com!

The hacker might try to hijack your pc. You should definitely use a virus-scanner and anti-malware to check if your system has not been compromised.

But since you already did, what did the email say?

Michael
RPF staff

Actually I saw them in the deleted items folder of my e-mail. I did not actually open them, but noted the sender was the-rpf as opposed to the normal rpf-notifier sender... I used the wifeboss's ipad to lookup the bogus site without logging in. :wacko

I am pretty paranoid about opening any e-mail that I am not familiar with...:)

Really? No one...? Fine...I will then....

trap.jpg

You have been banned for the following reason:
And all messages deleted

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

- lol, like it matters, I'm already back on there messaging. But "yeahbatman", I fear, is a phony.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back