Dune (2021) Still Suit build

Yep saw that statue pop up yesterday and thought WOW... Pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on it. Speaking of reference though;
  • Anyone considered working the "fremkit"? Was thinking of maybe getting a 3D modeler to work it?
  • Has the Atreides combat dagger been ID'd, looks like a off the shelf boot knife with some added greeblies?

Yep saw that statue pop up yesterday and thought WOW... Pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on it. Speaking of reference though;
  • Anyone considered working the "fremkit"? Was thinking of maybe getting a 3D modeler to work it?
  • Has the Atreides combat dagger been ID'd, looks like a off the shelf boot knife with some added greeblies?
-All the contents of the fremkit are already available to buy/download on the usual STL places.

-Yes the knife was identified a while back actually , not sure what it was exactly I think it's a Gerber or however that's spelt (knives aren't my specialty) but yes it was identified.

For the fremkit someone should make the actual bagpack I believe it's made like a hardshell suitcase with a nylon lining.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you Paul Atreides.

Attachments

• DUNE0018-positive.jpg
    DUNE0018-positive.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 319
  • DUNE0009-positive.jpg
    DUNE0009-positive.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 280
  • DUNE0015-positive.jpg
    DUNE0015-positive.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 283
  • DUNE0022-positive.jpg
    DUNE0022-positive.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 311
  • DUNE0023-positive.jpg
    DUNE0023-positive.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 319
  • DUNE0004-positive.jpg
    DUNE0004-positive.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 300
  • DUNE0003-positive.jpg
    DUNE0003-positive.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 344
Some pix from the Blu-ray.

Attachments

• DUN-BTS-24.jpg
    DUN-BTS-24.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 258
  • DUN-BTS-15.jpg
    DUN-BTS-15.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 232
  • DUN-BTS-13.jpg
    DUN-BTS-13.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 208
  • DUN-BTS-12.jpg
    DUN-BTS-12.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 231
  • DUN-BTS-11.jpg
    DUN-BTS-11.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 261
Made some small accuracy tweaks on my patterns and finished suit.
This is so stellar and I love this build. This thread is full of tweaks and pics from the beginning of your build as you progressively get more screen accurate with each iteration. It’s awesome!
Your pics in costume are off the charts cool.

My only really small nitpick on accuracy is this: the tubes that go up the center chest seem to collapse or “pinch”flat where they go under the flap where the nose clip is hanging in this pic. Is there a way to put something in the tube there so it doesn’t collapse like that.

Anyway like i said incredibly small call out and one that is more than likely covered by the mask/cloak/ hood.

Love your build! And thanks for the input on this thread

This is so stellar and I love this build. This thread is full of tweaks and pics from the beginning of your build as you progressively get more screen accurate with each iteration. It’s awesome!
Your pics in costume are off the charts cool.

My only really small nitpick on accuracy is this: the tubes that go up the center chest seem to collapse or “pinch”flat where they go under the flap where the nose clip is hanging in this pic. Is there a way to put something in the tube there so it doesn’t collapse like that.

Anyway like i said incredibly small call out and one that is more than likely covered by the mask/cloak/ hood.

Love your build! And thanks for the input on this thread
Thanks for the kind words.

Would have not been possible without a lot of people here and elsewhere though.

Regarding the tubes it could be possible to add a foam dowel inside for rigidity or use a foam dowel instead of insulation tubing like I used here either way one would have to be careful as the harder rubber could bite into or rip foam dowles as it's much harder than foam even the HD foam.

Totally possible though.

If you want to get really nitpicky there's the attachment point behind the neck that's not accurate because it's unknown as always hidden by the hood or shawls in every picture or scene.

Also the nose tube I used is one from the local pharmacy dyed black and is probably not the same model uses in the film but for that one good luck finding the model they used.

I also finally got the side straps and buckles sorted.

Note the buckles were confirmed to be very similar plastic /nylon injection molded ones like on the picture , however it's impossible to know the exact ones used as probably bulk ordered from China but they all use the same molds.

Attachments

• IMG_20220206_193513.jpg
    IMG_20220206_193513.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 272
Thanks for the kind words.

Would have not been possible without a lot of people here and elsewhere though.

Regarding the tubes it could be possible to add a foam dowel inside for rigidity or use a foam dowel instead of insulation tubing like I used here either way one would have to be careful as the harder rubber could bite into or rip foam dowles as it's much harder than foam even the HD foam.

Totally possible though.

If you want to get really nitpicky there's the attachment point behind the neck that's not accurate because it's unknown as always hidden by the hood or shawls in every picture or scene.

Also the nose tube I used is one from the local pharmacy dyed black and is probably not the same model uses in the film but for that one good luck finding the model they used.
I am really not trying to be nit picky. Hope you didn’t take it that way, just an observation.
Given the choice of the hollow tubing you are using or the foam dowel for that part of the costume I would go with the rubber tubing you used, it looks great. Was just thinking in that one spot some sort of backing might help. But the tube looks great and you can tell feels more “in world “ and usable.

If can ever get the time to start making one of these I can only hope to get close to what you have done here, it really is fantastic

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back