DT-12 Greedo Blaster Build

Missing square greeblie scar?

if you’re look at this photo, you will see a grayish squarish section on the side...

171E9274-5C5A-4AEB-9FDD-3E240F3A1634.jpeg

It’s been speculated that section might be glue or tape from where a greeble was once attached.

I tend to think it just whatever greeble that is attached giving off that reflection. Here is a shot of the side of the pistol from the set in pinewood studios.

0D64FDB0-DD58-41AD-BF54-51D510723F81.jpeg

Too me it looks as if there is a greeble there. Just can’t make out the details.

if you’re look at this photo, you will see a grayish squarish section on the side...

View attachment 1071672

It’s been speculated that section might be glue or tape from where a greeble was once attached.

I tend to think it just whatever greeble that is attached giving off that reflection. Here is a shot of the side of the pistol from the set in pinewood studios.

View attachment 1071673

Too me it looks as if there is a greeble there. Just can’t make out the details.

I think most of us have just decided that it's another pontoon part from the Tomtitt kit.

And honestly, when I look at that second shot from over Greedo's shoulder, I feel like I can see the pontoons. Or rather, light reflecting/bouncing off the rounded ends of them that point towards us.

0913191844c.jpg

Well I epoxied some stuff tonight

__D63088D9-5D50-4E2C-B281-0E90AAA7BB18_zpsd9vu0a5b.jpg

IMG_1429_zps991unigv.jpg

IMG_1430_zpsafqtciu8.jpg

IMG_1431_zps0f8jdvbu.jpg

I'm a fan of flat, satin, and gloss blacks together to give contrast to a prop. A blaster in hand is much different than a quick on screen 5-15 second blip in the movie! I need to forestner the other grip and I think this will be close to being complete!

Thanks all for the comments. I hope to finish the other grip and epoxy the last few parts on in the next day or so. This was a fun build, I like building blasters!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back