DREDD 2012 - Lawgiver MK2 Aluminium and printed parts

Re: DREDD 2012 - Lawgiver MK2 Aluminium and printed parts (maybe)

I am getting abnormally stoked for this! I can't wait to see the final results!

That would be incredibly generous of you! I'd sure appreciate a PDF like that.

Thanks andyface!!!
Really appreciate your generosity!!!.:thumbsup

Even the current draft stage is already acceptable to me and worth for me to try and assemble as a prototype.
I will give you feedback which might be worth considering since your still in tweaking stage...

The final stage would really be cool but I think will be worth as an investment for your hard work and skills if ever you change your mind...

Really appreciate it man and drulling to get started with your design... I've already bought a Glock 18C (KWC) gas blow back automatic pistol (GBB) and eager to start with the conversion... :D

Cheers striker :) Once I finish the models I'll be happy to share the shroud templates for anyone who wants them. I'm still tweaking the details at the moment as I model the other sections there are certain parts that needed fixing along the way. When that's all done I'll make a proper template and upload a pdf for anyone who wants to use it.

Just finished the front lower housing sections. There's gonna be a LOT of parts to this kit when it's done...

Hope you consider ... :)

[url]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x441/andycooper82/ASSEMBLY8_zpsa7409465.png[/URL]

[url]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x441/andycooper82/ASSEMBLY7_zps546c7d22.png[/URL]

[url]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x441/andycooper82/ASSEMBLY9_zpsb1564fdc.png[/URL]

[url]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x441/andycooper82/ASSEMBLY10_zpsa1876d58.png[/URL]

Ah so is it a flat template for the whole lot you mean? At the moment I only have plans to make templates for the aluminium parts which would be the two upper shrouds and the support frame as ill need those to get quotes and order the cut aluminium sheets (hopefully forming too if they can include that step for not too much more cash) The rest of the parts are going to be 3d printed so wouldn't need unfolding. I could at some point make a template for the other pieces I guess if someone wanted to use them to scratch build the pieces from sintra/plasticard. May have to wait little while for those though as its pretty time consuming dismantling the model and rebuilding it as a flat piece so would rather attempt that when the models are complete. Current thinking for the shrouds is to flatten them out then use them as reference to draw out the templates in photoshop to ensure correct measurements and proportions as I don't believe screen grabbing from sketchup will give an accurate enough layout.

YES!!!!
Flat templates will be great and I'll be using cardboard and plastic card combinations.

I'm not focus into details but can work on it out moving forward, just need your help to set up an accurate foundation.

Can't to get the files for printing from you soon.... Thanks again :thumbsup

Hi Andyface, don't forget you'll need some system to attach to the rails on the Glock frame. Obviously hold the whole thing in place.

Would you be offering bits or the whole thing as a kit? I'm working on doing the shroud in aluminium. Pictures posted elsewhere on the site.
I too would like pdf of shroud to look at the sizing of what I've done so far.

Hi, funnily enough that's the bit I'm trying to figure out right now and am a little uncertain with what I have so far. Was thinking of running a couple of screws through into the body of the glock in the lower body infront of the trigger guard. But I'm not sure how solid that's gonna hold everything together :/

Long term plan is to make it available either as a full kit or individual pieces for anyone who just wants one or two parts to complete their own build but that's a little way down the road yet.

I'll have to track down your thread n see if we can put our heads together to to come up with anything useful for eachother's builds :)

Hi Andyface, don't forget you'll need some system to attach to the rails on the Glock frame. Obviously hold the whole thing in place.

Would you be offering bits or the whole thing as a kit? I'm working on doing the shroud in aluminium. Pictures posted elsewhere on the site.
I too would like pdf of shroud to look at the sizing of what I've done so far.

Great project!! I hope you use the rail as the attachment point as I would like to use this on a real glock. If it works with a gbb gun it should work on a real one as well, although it might require some fiddling with recoil springs.

Thanks guys :D glad you're liking progress so far.

I'm planning everything so it can work with recoil as I hope to acquire a gas blow back to fit the final kit onto it. Just refining the attachment points so it's as sturdy as possible.

Will have some new pics soon, first pics of a bit more progress on the models and hopefully finally get the shroud templates up for those that wanna use em for their own builds. But also some pics of the first printed parts, as long as they're not rejected I'll have the ammo clip, LCD frame and serial mounting plate/right hand side greebly delivered by the end of the month :D (I've kept the serial plate itself as a separate piece so it can be customized, also as I felt ordering these parts from sw with their anti gun policy it would be a bit of a giveaway lol, I need to get those from elsewhere I think) I can't wait to see how they turn out. More soon...

Last edited:

Its been a while... any update?

I think the best way to fix the shroud is through the rail guide under the frame (used for flash lights).
Have a screw installed with braces on both sides to make them self tightening the cover it with the side port assembly

Rails
Imgp4792.jpg

Use rail braces with self locking screws..

mjMIlHQMKZjGAy4l4HH63rw.jpg

Cover with side ports...

ASSEMBLY8_zpsa7409465.png

Last edited:

I've kept the serial plate itself as a separate piece so it can be customized, also as I felt ordering these parts from sh*peways with their anti gun policy it would be a bit of a giveaway lol, I need to get those from elsewhere I think) I can't wait to see how they turn out. More soon...

Tip for the paranoid: NEVER write the name of a company you're trying to pull the wool over in an open thread. Replace one or more letters with something else. Google tracks RPF threads and a rep from said company might happen upon the thread and not be happy...

I think the best way to fix the shroud is through the rail guide under the frame (used for flash lights).

That's exactly what I did when I modeled up my shell. I managed to find a correct CAD model of a Glock with precise dimensions to to build around. Since airsofts are always off by a couple mm here and there I DID have to do a bit of measuring, but it worked great. On the interior of the shroud I modeled two rails that would fit in the guide and left sufficient wiggle room for epoxy glue to fill it out. I think there's even a picture of it in my old build thread if someone wants to go on an archeological expedition to find it...

Definitely interested in this. Will wait for more progress.

Not to be a pain in the backside, but wasn't the film gun based off of a glock 17?

:$

Better use Glock 18C... same dimensions as Glock 17 but with semi and full auto capabilities... GBB all the way!!!

Update time, been looking forward to seeing the first few prints and they finally arrived. Need to make a correction to the ammo clip, I've designed it to be removable but the spring/clip section is way to thin and wouldn't hold it securely in place so will need to beef it up a bit but apart from that I'm happy. Experimented with the new black flexible strong material which is ok but would still need sanding and painting before assembly. On with the pics...

The LCD frame

The back of the LCD frame

The serial plate side detail

And the back

And a few shots of the ammo clip

Next order will be to try out the main body and sight parts to see how they look/make corrections etc. It's gonna be a slow project but it'll get there in the end ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back