Dreads: HELP!

yautja101

I'm using r1a2s3's idea for a FOAM pred head, but need to know how 2 make the dreads! they have to be light but floppy at the same time!
P.S: I already tried using foam... :eek: Disaster... It's to rigid and doesn't curve down. THEN I tried cutting, folding, and gluing but... :eek: Disaster... They were to rigid... Guys I need something soft, lightweight, and floppy!

I saw somewhere that one member used baker rods for dreads. Maybe this might be something to look into.

Good luck.

you want to make foam dreads? no easy feat, which is why there are so ppl who make them, your best bet is instead of wasting money trying to make your own, save up and get some of Bambooie's, amazing things and a great guy to deal with

I'm using r1a2s3's idea for a FOAM pred head, but need to know how 2 make the dreads! they have to be light but floppy at the same time!
P.S: I already tried using foam... :eek: Disaster... It's to rigid and doesn't curve down. THEN I tried cutting, folding, and gluing but... :eek: Disaster... They were to rigid... Guys I need something soft, lightweight, and floppy!

go to lowes or home depot and look at the black rubber foam pipe insulation its got a smooth texture like the dreads but its another cut and glue method lol but im gonna try to heat it up so it can roll easier

What up dawgs, I like shockwolfs idea, soaker hose. U can basically buy them from any home improvement stores (like home depot/lowes in usa) everyone making their 1ST/budget pred costume should check out shockwolfs tutorial good stuff.

What up dawgs, I like shockwolfs idea, soaker hose. U can basically buy them from any home improvement stores (like home depot/lowes in usa) everyone making their 1ST/budget pred costume should check out shockwolfs tutorial good stuff.

Omigod the soaker hoses are SOOOOOOO heavy. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

I used foam caulking rope, also known as backer rod. It's used by drywallers to fill in large cracks for caulking. It's cheap, light, looks good, and, at least it seems to me, flops just fine. When you first put it on, it has a tendency to stick out and look really bad, but once all the dread beads are on, they hang nice and naturally, and flop around nicely when you move your head.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back