Drawing of a Pred Head

Yautja Queen

Heres a predator drawing. :D It took me nearly a week to do this On A4 paper, used B and 5B pencils. I looked at a lot of different reference pics to get the form of the head, so I couldnt tell you specifically which predator its based on, I suppose he looks a little like Pred 1 and Scar. I decided not to draw the neck as I though it would ruin the whole thing, you wouldnt see the jaw line very well and some of the dreads would have been lost.
Anyway, comments and advice is most welcome!!!!! :D

PredatorHeadadjusted.jpg

Awesome drawing! I love the tribal tattoos on his head
Thanks! :D Yes, I was going to put more tribal designs in, but I thought it best not to go over the top, lol.

Awesome sketch, nice shading and lighting!
Thanks Marcus!! :D

You are quite talanted. Wish I could draw like that!
Thankyou very much All it takes is practice and you can draw like that ;)

Very cool drawing!
:p Thanks a lot!

God this forum has some awesome Illustrative & Sculpting artists that just never cease to amaze me. I'm always stunned & blown away.

Thanks for the very nice comment Tatsu! I agree, theres some amzing artists here, they are the ones that inspire me, and get me drawing when I am being lazy!!

I think the eyes say it all. It looks to me to be a female of the species.

Sweet ass drawing by all means though... the addition of the tribal gives it a sort of "pop culture" look also.

that is is most awesome ...nice level of realism you got going there and the markings are sweet
Thank you! Glad you liked it. :D

Sick skills. Just sick
Thanks for the comment! XD

I think the eyes say it all. It looks to me to be a female of the species.

Sweet ass drawing by all means though... the addition of the tribal gives it a sort of "pop culture" look also.
Thanks, though it wasnt meant to be a female pred, lol. :D Im not sure how I would draw a female, I am still thinking about it...

I am sorry for double posting here, AND for possibly reviving a "dead" thread, but I just want to ask if anyone has any advie on my drawing? I appreciate all the comments above, but I am going to be doing another drawing soon, and would like any hints or tips, or for anyone to point out if I have done something wrong in this one, or what I can improve on. I will really appreciate it.

The only thing I can say is, that you learn as you go. You find your own style and way of doing things; lines, shadows, eyes, different textures and so on. You could pic a favorite artist of yours and try to "copy" his style and learn from it. Not to copy his or her style completely, but to learn different styles and see if it suits you and then have your own touch to it.

And I would not consider this thread "dead", as it is your Gallery that you can update whenever you have something new.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back