Dragoncon 2015

Running around today like a mad man trying to get things finished.

Had to strip the jetpack and about to repaint thanks to some paint that didn't like the weather an didn't fully set. WHY cosplay gods WHY?

And I am trying to get at least one of my cosplays finished for Welcome Back Wednesday at the marriot tonight. We'll see how that goes.

Tired and stressed but so very excited to see you all tomorrow night!

Running around today like a mad man trying to get things finished.

Had to strip the jetpack and about to repaint thanks to some paint that didn't like the weather an didn't fully set. WHY cosplay gods WHY?

And I am trying to get at least one of my cosplays finished for Welcome Back Wednesday at the marriot tonight. We'll see how that goes.

Tired and stressed but so very excited to see you all tomorrow night!

i may or may not be having the same issue paint wise and feel your pain. I may have to go without the armor entirely if this doesnt work out because our flight is in the morning and after that it's all bets off. We will see after I let this try to dry a little longer :(

Damn weather.

I've just got a bit of trimming and grooming on the wookiee mask and I'm good to go. We're leaving Nashville in the a.m.and should get in tomorrow around noon or one. Staying at the Marriott. Looking forward to the meet up

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Im finishing the pouches on Captain America and need to attach a chicago screw to the sheild handles so I can wear it on my back. Running out of time though as I need to cut grass and take the dog to my parents still tonight. All the while I have Metal Gear Solid and Mad Max just sitting on my desk taunting me. haha

For those that sent me payment for your landyard do you want me to refund the payment via PayPal? or can I hand you cash at the meetup tomorrow night?

Whatever your preference please let me know.

I am leaving soon to attend the Welcome Home Wednesday event at the Marriott, I need a break from all this building and failed painting that I've been dealing with. Gonna go hang out for a couple hours and clear my head. Relax a bit and try not to stress out. Then I'm back to it when I get home.

Please comment here on the thread or PM me your lanyard refund preference. And I will get you square.

When I come home from this event, looks like I'll be up very late. Don't be surprised if I fall asleep at the meetup tomorrow. :sleep :lol

May I be so bold as to ask a question for those of us who would visit from abroad:
when going through Airport Customs to visit a convention,what can(not) be brought into the US/UK when it comes to custom made costumes/armor with small iron objects,such as bolts,nuts,springs,hinges,magnets and the like?

Thank you all for any information on the subject.

Dragon Con​ Video Countdown, 1 Day remaining, This video is my favorite video out of all the the videos out there, not only cause it's a most excellent video, but this is the Video that started it all for me. I saw this video and I was like "I have to go to that"...and now here I am 3 years later going for my third year in a row...yay, I can't wait to see you all...

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that sent me payment for your landyard do you want me to refund the payment via PayPal? or can I hand you cash at the meetup tomorrow night?

I am leaving soon to attend the Welcome Home Wednesday event at the Marriott, I need a break from all this building and failed painting that I've been dealing with. Gonna go hang out for a couple hours and clear my head. Relax a bit and try not to stress out. Then I'm back to it when I get home.

Please comment here on the thread or PM me your lanyard refund preference. And I will get you square.

When I come home from this event, looks like I'll be up very late. Don't be surprised if I fall asleep at the meetup tomorrow. :sleep :lol

You can hand me a HIGH FIVE!!!....

May I be so bold as to ask a question for those of us who would visit from abroad:
when going through Airport Customs to visit a convention,what can(not) be brought into the US/UK when it comes to custom made costumes/armor with small iron objects,such as bolts,nuts,springs,hinges,magnets and the like?

Thank you all for any information on the subject.

I can't really say for people coming from over seas as I've never let the states unfortunately....but for us domestics, pretty much most everything is ok, as long as it's in your checked in luggage and not carry on....you can always go to the tsa website, it lists everything there nicely, breaking it all down by items...

11954846_868636029840768_4936115308564209568_n.jpg11960009_10153183607121483_1543641560615627464_n.jpg

paint crisis averted for me for the most part. Enough for it to be serviceable at least. I may rebuild this piece at a later date but for tonight it's finish coat, dye hair, pack SLEEP. SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW NIGHT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ITS DCON TIMEEEEEE ;D

paint crisis averted for me for the most part. Enough for it to be serviceable at least. I may rebuild this piece at a later date but for tonight it's finish coat, dye hair, pack SLEEP. SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW NIGHT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ITS DCON TIMEEEEEE ;D

I still have to cut and color my hair, probable going to do it in the hotel...sadly...happy for you...

- - - Updated - - -

Paypal is fine, Helpful Nerd!

See y'all tomorrow... For now? I sleep like the dead...

You better sleep now, cause your not gonna get any at the con....hahha...

Eh, whichever is simpler for you, i'm not picky lol

Hey Yall. here's a dumb question, but since dumb questions are my specialty I'll go on anyhow. I was wondering if everyone was going to be in various cosplays at the meet up, or is it a more or less mundane event. Just curious.

Hey Yall. here's a dumb question, but since dumb questions are my specialty I'll go on anyhow. I was wondering if everyone was going to be in various cosplays at the meet up, or is it a more or less mundane event. Just curious.

Why am I awake? Gotta salvage my messed up rocket pack for my Boba Fett crossover. And I'm always available to answer a dumb question. :lol JK

Some of us will be in costume. As will others.

So here's some info. Thursday used to be the pre-con party day / night when everyone arrived and then some folks would throw on a costume and hang in the lobby of the marriot. For the past couple years (maybe 3) there has been a "Welcome Home Wednesday" which is the new Thursday the pre-pre-con party. This was my first time going to the wednesday event. It's a lot of fun.

There was about 500 + people between the Pulse lounge in the marriott and the bar at the Hyatt.

Not a lot of cosplays tonight. But expect that tomorrow is going to be much busier and there will be more people and more folks in costume. My plan after the RPF meetup is to hit the floor for a bit, then head to a costume party. Plenty to do tomorrow.

That's my long winded version of yeah, you should totally be in costume :D

Even though my rocket pack is not done, here's a little teaser of my Bobateer cosplay. Chillin with (IMHO) the best R2 I have ever seen!!!

20150902_203636.jpg

Off to bed for a nap, then up early to get things done. See you all at the meet!!! :cheers

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back