Dragoncon 2015

Why no costume at this RPF meetup? :confused

What gives? :lol

I have two costumes that are front-burnered, and I ran into production delays on both of them. Rather than give myself an ulcer trying to finish one to less than my standards, I'm going to hold off. I have one wearable (I won't say "finished"), but after one outing at Dragon*Con back in '08, I can tell you it does not work in that crowd, so that one's out, too.

--Jonah

I have two costumes that are front-burnered, and I ran into production delays on both of them. Rather than give myself an ulcer trying to finish one to less than my standards, I'm going to hold off. I have one wearable (I won't say "finished"), but after one outing at Dragon*Con back in '08, I can tell you it does not work in that crowd, so that one's out, too.

--Jonah

I totaly understand. Ya wanna make sure your cosplay is where you want it. Sucks though that you had production issues. Sorry to hear that!

Still good that you have 1 that you can wear. "unfinished" or not, rock that shiz!

Joshua

Dragoncon Video Countdown, 3 Days remaining...I'm starting to get antsy...who's with me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKN0wjQgdo0

BeatDownBoogie cosplay videos are awesome! Sometimes I almost cry, out of joy and fandom of course. :$ :rolleyes :lol
His videos are amazing!

Here's a progress pic of my Bobateer jetpack. What do you all think? Still have parts to attach.

2015-08-31 20.34.50.jpg

2015-08-31 20.34.50.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I sincerely hope everyone has a blast, sorry that i cant make it. A humble request, though...if anyone happens to see a giant of a man walking around as either Doomsday, or Crossbones...please tell him Brandomack sends his best...and pleeease take his pic and post it here.

Thanks everyone!!!

Only a few more things to finiiiishhhhhhhhh.... UGHHH I can do itttt. Im in the midst of coloring my hair again, and only three major parts left that are in varying stages of completion. I should get a lot of it done today with only maybe SOME detail work left for tomorrow. I might actually make it xD
here's my shin guards on my INSTAGRAM :)
must keep workkiiinnnggggg @.@;

Some bad news folks. There won't be any lanyards. I called them yesterday because the lanyards didn't arrive yesterday and they said that there was a printing error and that they cannot reprint them and get them to me in time.

I'll be refunding folks that paid for the lanyards.

Some bad news folks. There won't be any lanyards. I called them yesterday because the lanyards didn't arrive yesterday and they said that there was a printing error and that they cannot reprint them and get them to me in time.

I'll be refunding folks that paid for the lanyards.

well damn, that's a bummer. Though why did they wait until you called them after expected arrival to tell you there was an error? U_U; that's silly.

well damn, that's a bummer. Though why did they wait until you called them after expected arrival to tell you there was an error? U_U; that's silly.

Yeah, exactly. it says a lot about that service, won't be using them in the future. The service was recommended by a buddy of mine because they don't have high minimum order requirements. And I placed my order with enough time.

That really sucks about your lanyards guys. Sorry to hear it.

Other potentially depressing news..
Forecast for Saturday isn't looking hopeful. 60% chance of Scattered Thunderstorms!
Please don't rain!!!

That really sucks about your lanyards guys. Sorry to hear it.

Other potentially depressing news..
Forecast for Saturday isn't looking hopeful. 60% chance of Scattered Thunderstorms!
Please don't rain!!!

i'm crossing my fingers really hard about this too, not just for saturday though, the giant marvel universe shoot is sunday afternoon outdoors and they are also calling for rain then too. PLEASE DONT RAINNNNN ;A;

Dragoncon​ Video Countdown, 2 Days remaining...who's not done, I'm not...

<span style="color: rgb(20, 24, 35); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm scared because I think I'm done except one thing for my husband, but it seems like there should be more to do... maybe I should try everything on just to make sure I didn't forget to do something.

And then pack it as I'm taking it off, just to make sure I don't forget anything.

I'm scared because I think I'm done except one thing for my husband, but it seems like there should be more to do... maybe I should try everything on just to make sure I didn't forget to do something.

And then pack it as I'm taking it off, just to make sure I don't forget anything.

That's why I make an extensive packing list and list everything for each costume to pack so I don't forget anything....my first year I brought everything but my wallet, realize it an hour into the drive, had to turn around and drive an hour back, then and hour back to where we were....set me back 3 hours...Defiantly learned from that one....

That's why I make an extensive packing list and list everything for each costume to pack so I don't forget anything....my first year I brought everything but my wallet, realize it an hour into the drive, had to turn around and drive an hour back, then and hour back to where we were....set me back 3 hours...Defiantly learned from that one....

Haha! Yeah, back in the day when I was going to cons regularly (10 years ago) and bringing a slew of costumes I remember I had a list of my lists... just so I wouldn't forget to check one. Packing much lighter now and very out of practice. Thanks for the reminder not to just keep it mental.

It's 0230, we're just calling it for the night, to finish up in the morning. Well, later this morning. When the alarm goes off at 0515. ::wince::

Suddenly glad we've got tomorrow afternoon to nap...

See you guys soon!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back