Dragoncon 2014

There were 4 of us that went last year and one of our friends did the parade. He walked with the Ghostbusters and Enie Hudson. He said that it was fun but very tiring (given he had a proton pack on his back the whole time) and he couldn't really enjoy the whole parade. The rest of us found a parking garage a few floors up and had a great view. The one who did the parade decided he'd rather spectate this year.

Glad to have you join us...weather it be your first post or your 20,000 post...it's all the same...we all would love for you to join us and talk about your loves and costumes, and any tips or tricks we would love to help you with any questions of your endeavors...

Thanks man. I will definitely be taking you up on that offer. I may swing over to the Marvel forum and share my custom web shooter build as well as my suit updates. Keep the updates coming about a meet up!

I've done the parade twice now, and I'd like to do it again, but I won't be doing a Doctor Who costume and I always signed up through the Who group before. Not actually sure how individual signups work (or if there's a similar Browncoat group).

anyone partaking in the parade on that Saturday? Me and my buddies were thinking about it, it'll be our first time at DC so we werent really sure what to expect when it comes to the parade.

Well since you've never been to it i'll tell you that the Dragoncon Parade is the 2nd largest parade in Georgia....1st being the St Patties day Parade...it's about an hour long...from start to end...if your walking in it it's about less then a mile from what i'm seeing...you can look up videos on you tube, to get ideas...here's one of them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1MpzsGQdB4

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man. I will definitely be taking you up on that offer. I may swing over to the Marvel forum and share my custom web shooter build as well as my suit updates. Keep the updates coming about a meet up!

Not sure if you know already but there is a Marvel & DC Photo shoot at Dragoncon as well....let me know if you need any info on that...and when it happens...

Yea, the parade isn't super long. It's a breeze if your costume is comfortable. If you're in armor or a lot of layers, I don't envy you.

Whelp....I'm going for sure now!
For anyone flying in, check out Southwest. They have dropped some of their airfares and while it's still pricey, I managed to get direct round trip flights for $388. Flying in on Thursday morning and out on Monday night.

Still trying to secure a room\(or a partial share), but I might have a line on an entire reservation at the Hyatt Place just outside of the Convention area.

As for the parade, I'll be marching with the N7 Elites (Mass Effect Group) in my Cerberus armor and they've asked me to be a part of at least one of the Skits they're doing. I am excite!!!

I'll have my Borderlands Crimson Lance Armor as well, but I need to come up with at least one more, less bulky, costume to bring...

See you guys there!

Hi, I'm Allen, longtime RPF member, the Owner of The Superhero Costuming Forum Forums and the Director of the GIANT Marvel & DC Universe Photoshoots at DragonCon each year. Rather than duplicating everything here, information regarding the GIANT Marvel & DC Universe photoshoots at DragonCon can be found at:

2014 Giant Marvel & DC Universe Photoshoots! in DragonCon Forum

I hope to see many of you there! (I'm sorry, but I will only be answering questions at the forum linked; please direct all inquiries there.)

Allen

658418097_o.jpg
Hay, everyone...Once again I'm working on badges for everyone, and would like feedback, what does everyone prefer, Landscape or Portrait for badges?....

Also, some of you don't have any avatars...for those of you that don't have avatars I'm planing on making a basic badge with your name and RPF logo unless you tell me other wise...
(obviously i'm not going to print out the badges till right before the con...)...so please let me know...

Any and all ideas or feedback is welcome...

Thank you...

I agree.

also for those who were thinking of signing up for the parade I guess its to late as they just posted that sign up has been closed due to being at capacity

The parade groups list is full, but the individual groups that signed up can still bring in people to their group to walk.

There was a question about that in a costuming group I'm a part of and marching with. At some point the individual groups have to give a definite number in their group for the parade but that wasn't this deadline. I don't think that cut-off is until mid July, first of August.

June 6th
We’ve had an unprecedented response to registering for the parade and are just about to hit our 2014 cap.

We need your help in insuring that everyone who wants to participate has a chance to sign up.

If you are marching in a group that has reserved space (for example the 501st, Prydon Academy, Kenyon’s Minions, the Super Hero Forum, WOW or other Gaming groups, etc.) , you do NOT need to register yourself. Your participation is covered under the spaces reserved by your group.

If you did register yourself (individually) but are marching in a specific (registered) group, please let us know ASAP so we can make appropriate adjustments in the database and free up a spot for one more participant.

If you think you might have registered yourself or your group more than once (possibly thinking your original registration did not go through), please contact us ASAP. We have some entries in the db that look like duplicates.

If you registered a group and have discovered that you over estimated the space you’ll need, please contact us ASAP.

THANK YOU!
Jan Price
Director, Dragon Con Parade
dc_parade (at) dragoncon (dot) org
June 7th
Final warning to all interested in marching in the 2014 Dragon Con Parade. THIS IS THE LAST CALL!

We anticipate closing parade registration no later than Monday, June 9, 5 PM Eastern. That means registration just might close BEFORE then without any further notification. Once the numbers are hit, we’re closing the books on 2014 parade registration. There will be NO at con parade registration again this year.
We’re really excited about what you’ll see on the streets of downtown Atlanta on Saturday morning and want to thank everyone who has signed up to be a part of it. :)
Parade related questions can be directed to dc_parade at dragoncon dot org.

June 9
We hit the magic number at 6:05 PM Eastern. Cannot accept entries submitted after that time stamp.

Thank you all!
JP
Director, Dragon Con Parade

I just took this from the journal for clarrification

I'd thought about flying over with the family for it but flights are pretty expensive during summer holidays :(

Thank you, Risu & joshspiderman23 for your feed back... Whats everyone else think about the layout for badges?...Landscape or Portrait

View attachment 336588

I plan on ordering these sleeves in the next 2 weeks....thanks...

I do appreciate you doing this matrixspoon.:D Horizontal is getting the favorable vote it seems.
Just booked my flight with the misses $1058.00 and 20,000 of my credit card points :/

Hows everyone's costume lineup fairing
awd.jpg

Last edited:
I do appreciate you doing this matrixspoon.:D Horizontal is getting the favorable vote it seems.
Just booked my flight with the misses $1058.00 and 20,000 of my credit card points :/

Hows everyone's costume lineup fairing
View attachment 336816

Thank you for that...I just want everyone to be happy with there badges and enjoy what there wearing rather then them saying "this basic badge is lame"...haha...

LIKEWISE ^^^^^^ I'm also in the process of getting an avatar for the badge. Working on recruiting a few more to the group as well!

Thank you also, sweet about the avatar, can't wait to see...I'm actually gonna ask everyone closer to the con date, who's going for sure and who's coming to the meet, so i don't make badges for like 20 people that aren't going to even show up...if that makes since...

I'm planing on ordering 50 badge holders and clips...hoping that will be enough....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back