Dragon Con 2011 - Post Your Pics Here!

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Just wanted to go ahead and get a thread started for Dragon Con reviews and pics (I know... we have a couple of "who is going" threads) and also wanted to let you know that we have 5 very generous souls who have volunteered their time to post updates and photos live from Dragon*Con to our Facebook page, so if you couldn't make it this year, you can enjoy it vicariously through us!

Big thanks in advance to Hydra, Gimore of OK, MattMunson, Bizarro Lois, ProtoKev and indiefilmgeek for taking time at the con to keep the rest of us up to date on all that we are missing!

If you haven't liked up on Facebook already, please do so now so you too can keep up with this and other cool events!

The Replica Prop Forum | Facebook

So... lets see those pics!

It was my first time at one of these types of things. Interesting crowd, too.

Not sure how to resize these so, I'll just put in some links. :confused:confused

GEDC0083.jpg

GEDC0111.jpg

GEDC0109.jpg

GEDC0098.jpg

GEDC0096.jpg

GEDC0090.jpg

GEDC0085.jpg

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums...lbums/z416/ShadowRiderZero/GEDC0203.jpg[/img]

THANK YOU, Mr. Andrews for making this thread. As Palpatine would've said in SW Ep. 1: -"I'll be watching (this thread) with great interest". :love

Here’s a video of the D*C parade… watch me at the 2:00-2:10 minute mark of the video (and it sounds like the movie when I walk… somehow).

http://youtu.be/77h1sCCUQ6Q

Here are part 2 and 3 from the very same person (for continuity purpose), even though I believe there will be better videos out there,

http://youtu.be/9Dhgvey8pxQ

http://youtu.be/KopyM8TQpPU

I’ve got great feedback of my ROBO armor, and some say it was the best they’ve seen at Dragon*Con so far, not to mention that they’ve never seen a ROBOCOP along with an OCP POLICE together, specially that accurate. Still, I have to make some adjustments on it, say the “diaper” and the gauntlets at the gloves.

I didn't take pics at D*C myself, but my favorite photos so far of me in armor (they’re still coming with more videos as people post them after the convention), and yes, I'm the one who made from scratch the helmet and the vest on my wife's OCP POLICE costume.

ROBOCOP-DC_parade_2011_1.jpg

ROBOCOP-DC_parade_2011_2.JPG

Last edited:
I didn't take this picture, but its a personal favorite I have found.

6110646783_f9a5261eb0_b.jpg

The RPF's very own Volpin and I am guessing MrSinistar's Tom Servo?

OMG! I saw that Tom Servo in the International Level's vender's room. A guy walked right by it. My dad even spotted it and told me how well it looked.

My Photobucket album in its entirety: DragonCon2011 pictures by delirium_dizzy - Photobucket
Here are some pics of our Dr Forrester, TVs Frank, Pearl(me), hanging out with MrSinistar, his brother, and the bots.
DSC00149.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

And MrSinistar showing Trace Beaulieu Crow in person
DSC00156.jpg

Did anyone get better photos of this Godzilla? We only saw him once, a level above us and couldn't get decent pics
DSC00169.jpg

Nate and I with George Perez, who saw us at the photo shoot, and came over to give me a hug and asked to take our picture:)
DSC00191.jpg

One of my favorites from the DC Photo shoot:
DSC00232.jpg

I'm going to need time to organize and re upload to a dedicated album since I have pics on my iPhone that I posted to the FB page (guess I'm the secret sixth) and from my camera.

Captain Ahmazing - Did any of your group have gray armor with a helmet? I ask because on our way to the "Farscape" panel, my dad spotted someone with ME armor and was impressed with it, though he didn't know what character it was or where it came from.

Captain Ahmazing - Did any of your group have gray armor with a helmet? I ask because on our way to the "Farscape" panel, my dad spotted someone with ME armor and was impressed with it, though he didn't know what character it was or where it came from.

Yep. He is on the RPF too. His username is Ahura.

Yep. He is on the RPF too. His username is Ahura.

Dang it! Another missed opportunity. And as bad as it sounds, on Sunday, before we left, I think I spotted another one of our users in his Issac outfit from "Dead Space" as he was crossing the street from the Hilton to the Marriott.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back