Dragon Ball Z

ricksprops

Hi, well it was a surprise to me that they used this dragon ball. Considering all the different ones I made them. It was cool because I thought it was the best one too. I can post this because they have the trailer on line now. I'd like to show the guns I did but not enough web time up yet. Once I start seeing more trailers and the movie comes out I'll post those.

Here is how I made this. I used two half spheres and milled out an inner half shpere. Later I polished the interior and glased it. Glaseing is just heating the plex and then taking alcohol to it and it cracks. The wall thickness is about 1/2". Then I placed it on the laser and etched the star. I then put in a fussy Christmass tree decoration inside and glued the piece together. Once the glue dried I placed it back on the laser with a jig to etch the lines on the outside. Polished the heck out of it and then clear coated it with an orange tint. Cool.

Trailer. http://vimeo.com/user804018

dragon%20ball%20close%20up.JPG

Great job...very cool! :love

I'm a huge Dragonball Z fan...any thoughts about making some extra for members?

That looks very cool! The detail indeed makes it quite interesting. Are you allowed to post pictures of the other possibilities that they didn't go with?

That's an amazing effort. I made some Dragonballs for a friend a few years ago but they aren't even on the same playing field as yours.

Was that the actual dragonball used in the movie? I noticed the movie version shows the stars floating inside the ball but this version here shows the stars engraved into the ball surface.

This is great. I recently went back and watched ALL of the original Dragon Ball series and have been wanting to get my hands on dragon ball. After seeing yours I have an idea of how to modify a Fushigi ball and have it look like a dragon ball. I might just make one from scratch though. I have a Fushigi and ordered some molding putty, and I'm about to order some clear resin in the next couple of weeks.

Good job, man. I'm always amazed by what I see on here.

I would love to see the other versions you made that they didn't go with, if you're allowed to post them.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back