Dracula Helmet Finally Finished pg. 5

Re: Dracula Helmet 1st cast pics pg.3

I understand setting it aside for a while...
The weather will be better in spring anyway... :)

It will be worth the wait though, that I am sure of :)

Color tip: The movie suit was painted with Krylon cherry red dusted with banner red then aged with Liqutex acrylic paint. (brown and black). This was after the first suit was give a 2 day, air brushed custom lacquer paint job and the onset painter just painted over it with tempera paint mixed with floor wax.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll take one, provided that the price is reasonable, AND I might have something to offer YOU!

I've seen an original up close - your's looks great!
I've handled castings of an original, and I gotta say Oldman really does have a tiny frickin' head. Also have to say your sculpt looks every bit as good as, if not better than, those castings. And they'll actually FIT on people? Nice job!

A little off toipic, but does anyone have a pic of the chapel ceiling with Dracula and Elizabeta ascending to heaven? I've been looking for a pic of that that would be suitable for framing, say....movie poster size or larger. Can anyone help me out?

I would be interested in a helmet. I to have had several castings of the original throughout the years and sold them. The were not meant to be worn just for display. I have a tiny head as well though but they would not fit me either. I have also been looking for original props from the film for years with no luck.

I hope so too, fantastic job! I loved the movie and this was one of the props that really stood out for me, it's one mean looking helmet.

Well, my wife (who is a descendant of Vlad Dracula) has given me permission to buy one of these, if the cost is not too prohibitive.

If it is too pricey, she will spread her bat-like wings and descend upon your house with her demonic fury to take one for me ;)

Oh my.... Frakking awesome mate
if you do a run, iam so in fo a kit??
Tk.. Out

Pulled the first cast today and it came out pretty well. This is rotocast, but if I do more, I'm leaning towards red gelcoat and fiberglass. Still have to sculpt and mold the lobstertail.

Thanks again for all the compliments, I'm pretty excited about this so far.

draculafirstpull.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back